Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

RIP...June 17, 2007 - May 24, 2008

Old 05-25-2008, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkshed
I think they were talking about the age of the JK
Oh...that makes more sense. Sorry, a little tense since I just had a tragedy in the family and had to deal with MORE-RONS at the salvage yard. But that doesn't change the fact that my wife still owns my testicles....
Old 05-25-2008, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by citizennobody
Oh...that makes more sense. Sorry, a little tense since I just had a tragedy in the family and had to deal with MORE-RONS at the salvage yard. But that doesn't change the fact that my wife still owns my testicles....
I figured you were a little on edge and just misunderstood.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Salvage yard

I see you are in texas. Which salvage yard is it?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Good eyes....that was Surfside.

The Jeep is in Hell Paso at AD Towing & Recovery. Those retards told me it was state law. Whatever....I understand, but Jezusssssss...it seemed like they enjoyed saying NO!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear about your ride. Too bad you can't get it in SBlue anymore...double shame.

Glad to hear that you're alright though. Interested to see how the rig held (or didn't) in that kind of fall.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Newbie

It did not hold up very well...10mph off a 12 foot straight down drop right on the nose settling on the right side...and it looks like Megatron wiped his butt with it (Yes a geeky Transformers reference, but my kids made me watch it and it was AWESOME!). The Jeep was bent like a taco and lopsided on the frame....UGLY! You will see in the pics tomorrow...
Old 05-26-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

<this sucks>

Ok....here are the LONG AWAITED pics...pay close attention to the door seam gaps. There isn't a panel that isn't creased or dented. The ENTIRE Jeep is lopsided to the left - notice right rear tire versus left in relation to the body. Plus the Jeep from front to back is slightly shaped like a boomerang, but you can't see how bad it really is in the pics. The airbags did not deploy and the entire roll cage has been pushed back. In the motor compartment, the braking regulator was pushed into the master cylinder and the steering box was pushed into the serpentine belts fubaring up the motor.

I won't go into specifics until I chat with my insurance company, but it fell off the pictured roughly 10 foot high cliff at about 10mph (if that). The picture beside the cliff was taken at eye level and I am 6'1". The jeep hit square on the nose and the pivoted landing on the right side. The crash was really not that bad, I have had worse impacts bumping into fat people at WalMart. I am guessing that this damage is just due to the weight of the vehicle....

</this sucks>

Last edited by citizennobody; 05-26-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your wreck.

The Jeep did take a beating from MEGATRON.

Look at the bright side....you and the occupants DON'T look like you just got beaten by MEGATRON.

I am glad the Jeep did it's job by keeping you and your occupants safe and took the beating for you!

Hope everything works out well with the insurance & the adjustor. Looks to me it could be written off!

BTW....Transformers is a cool movie!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by citizennobody
<this sucks>

Ok....here are the LONG AWAITED pics...pay close attention to the door seam gaps. There isn't a panel that isn't creased or dented. The ENTIRE Jeep is lopsided to the left - notice right rear tire versus left in relation to the body. Plus the Jeep from front to back is slightly shaped like a boomerang, but you can't see how bad it really is in the pics. The airbags did not deploy and the entire roll cage has been pushed back. In the motor compartment, the braking regulator was pushed into the master cylinder and the steering box was pushed into the serpentine belts fubaring up the motor.

I won't go into specifics until I chat with my insurance company, but it fell off the pictured roughly 10 foot high cliff at about 10mph (if that). The picture beside the cliff was taken at eye level and I am 6'1". The jeep hit square on the nose and the pivoted landing on the right side. The crash was really not that bad, I have had worse impacts bumping into fat people at WalMart. I am guessing that this damage is just due to the weight of the vehicle....

</this sucks>
I cannot believe the airbags did not deploy. Even though the speed involved was low, the front impact like that should have caused the bags to deploy...
Old 05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

: sad2:

Quick Reply: RIP...June 17, 2007 - May 24, 2008