Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rims/Offset/tires help please...

Old 08-31-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims/Offset/tires help please...

Hello everyone. I have been through the posts and remain confused so I thought I would ask the group for a little help. I have pretty much decided I want the 2.5" TF lift but I am a little confused on what rims/tires to get.

Rims - I want the Mickey Thompson Classic II (or AE 187). I like the 17x9 or would even consider a 16, but what offset? Could you provide a little defined help here (size and offset)

Tires - I like the Goodyear Kevlar Duratrac MTR's, MT Baja ATZ's, and would be open to other considerations, but what size in correlation to the rim?

Any help/direction is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Mike

Last edited by mikepike1868; 08-31-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks and very nice looking JK! I bought a 2007 2dr X. Very basic, but hopefully a little more fun to build up (if the wife allows! ha ha).

Thanks again for the help!

Mike

PS - Out of curiosity, if I was thinking of a CAI, would you recommend just going for the snorkel? I do a lot of fishing and sometimes to get to "the spot", I have to go through some deep water/mud. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Rims/Offset/tires help please...