Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

rhino lining the inside of a jk

Old 10-16-2008, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had my tj's tub rhino lined. i wasn't totally impressed, but only because i really didn't need it. if you get the interior muddy and wet on a regular basis then you might like it. in addition, the floor gets uncomfortably hot without the carpet.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gtlegg
ive heard heat is an issue too if theres no carpet, but not sure if it is if its rhino lined
Okay, is it becuase it's my first Jeep, and I don't really konw what HEAT is?....but with the carpets still in mine, it feels like my floors get hot as hell.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you pull up your MOPAR carpets you will notice some additional insulation/reflective pieces on parts that are next to the engine and transmission. These additional pieces are on the MOPAR rubber "carpeting" as well. If you choose to go the rhino route then there will be an increase in heat that gets to the passenger compartment because that insulation isnt there. rhino lining will do a number of things for you though...no worries about wet carpeting, you can hose it out, don't have to worry about the inside of your tub rusting. The noise may increase slightly, but at highway speeds with a softtop you won't notice. To offset this use rubber floor mats; I even reinstalled the two carpet pieces that go over the rear wheel wells and that seemed to help. Another thing you could do is get the underside of your tub rhinoed or rustproofed (Ziebart). That would help prevent rust and help reduce noise. Some have even suggested using the sound reducing mats (Dynamat, I think) where the carpet had the extra padding and rhino lining over those. That may get a little pricy though. good luck and take pics if you decide to do it.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Kes
JK Enthusiast

Anyone got any pics of a lined tub?
Old 10-17-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

I took my carpet out a long time ago... A lot easier to clean eventually planning on having it linex'ed but I dont know
Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took my carpets out about 10 mins after I got it. I am going to get it linex'ed when I get some money.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Huh, I always thought about doing this but noise was always a factor...maybe not so much now.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out this guys rig...as I understand it the Kevlar rhino lining is pretty close to top of the line. I will add though that the more prep work you do (removing seats, disconnecting wires and seatbelts) the lower the cost and the fact that he had the "rails" painted probably added to his over all cost.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/linex-pictures-15702/
Old 10-17-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pavement here in Florida adds a lot to the heat coming up through the floor, so I keep the front carpets in, but the rest are out.

I did the generic bedliner on my old Bronco II and loved it, but it was hot in the summer.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I used the Herculiner DIY stuff....took a day and cost $100....holding up well!

HOW IT LOOKS

WHY I NEED IT!

Quick Reply: rhino lining the inside of a jk