Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

remove lift for warranty work?

Old 06-08-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default remove lift for warranty work?

My local Jeep dealer doesn't like lifts. I know the lift has to be shown to cause the problem, but the dealer can always make it hard on you. I would like to keep my warranty for awhile. Any thoughts?

Last edited by jonb1032; 07-01-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: idea change
Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like a pain. If your stealer won't do the warranty work, drive to another dealer for the free work. Either that or find a shop you like, pay up front and then claim to chrysler.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a bit of work but quite a few people here do it.

I've read quite a few posts here regarding warranty work where people store their old springs/shocks and stock wheels & tyres in their garage & put them back on when they need warranty work done on the suspension or driveline. Seems a reasonably common practise from what I can see for those with modded rigs still under warranty, however I'd say it's more for Jeeps with simple spacer or coil/shock lifts rather than the complex ones with different control arms, sway bars, drive shafts, etc to stock as you'd be spending a lot of time changing it all out every time you needed to see the dealer. It's fairly straightforward to just swap out springs & shocks (or remove shock extention brackets), so maybe this is an option for you if you have a mild lift.

If you're just thinking of going just a simple spacer lift with shock extentions then yeah, that's even easier however if you're keeping the stock rims & just putting on bigger tyres that will be a pain to swap the tyres over to the stock ones on the rims though I don't think slightly bigger tyres than stock would cause any warranty issues.

Last edited by JKlad; 06-08-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a ton of spare time sure.....go for it. Not something I'd do.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:19 AM
JK Freak

X2, I can't even imagine going through all of that, even if I just had a simple lift...
Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

You pay to play.......

Quick Reply: remove lift for warranty work?