Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Removable top storage.. On jeep?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removable top storage.. On jeep?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes a rack or something to store the removable tops?
I was camping/wheeling this weekend and I really wanted to take the tops off but had nowhere to store them as my jeep was full of gear/people. I don't want to leave them at home for a weekend in case of rain or something. A roof rack or something would be nice but I cant seem to find anything like that. Has anyone made their own rack or rigged something up?

Thanks for any help - Paul
Old 03-15-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

It's called the "Freedom Top Carrier" available at jeep.com

.jeep.com/en/2009/wrangler_unlimited/exterior/roof_racks_carriers/index.html[/url]

Last edited by mkjeep; 03-15-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Please refrain from posting direct links to companies who are not sponsors of Project-JK.com.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep.com, go figure. It looks like it sits really low to the ground and would scrape on everything though. Climbing a hill/rocks. I think the ideal spot would be on the roof and was hoping someone had already done this. Thanks though
Old 03-16-2010, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe MBRP has a system for the Freedom top panels that's compatible with their roof rack. Gets expensive, tho.

Quick Reply: Removable top storage.. On jeep?