Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Recon Truck accessories Horrible!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kneeman

Old thread...but since no one backed up platbr, I will. He is right, they fit perfectly. I have them in mine and I have three friends that have them.
You said you have photos, please post them here.

Just wanting to let people know who are looking at these that they do fit. Wiring the resistor was no problem on mine. Had them for a while and they look and work great.

I will say that the two front blinkers are labeled left and right and they are not interchangeable due to the clip placement. Maybe that is where the confusion is.
I erased the pics... But i did upload them on this Site somewhere. I'm 100% sure what they sent me did not fit... I received new ones from Q-Tec and installed them in 2 minutes flat. This is my 3rd JK and have literally replace every light and lens in all 3 of them, along with adding additional auxiliary lights. I would consider myself somewhat experienced in this dept.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by platbr
Dude, you are dead wrong on this.

I just installed their 07-09 LED blinkers and side markers in my 2012. At first, I thought you were right and they didn't fit -- even went so far as emailing them -- but then realized that the bulbs actually have to be unplugged for them to work. They are plug and play with 2012 ... they are a big hassle to get the resistors working, but they are 100% plug-and-play for 2012.

I would go even further--you need to make this right with them. You have blinkers that (a) fit your jeep, and (b) that you didn't pay for. Not cool.

If you were anywhere near Seattle I would offer to prove this 100% by installing them for you myself (minus that F&@^ing resistor that gave me fits for 5 hours last night).

I will send pictures of my 2012 install if you want.

Attachment 237618

2012 JKUR in Dozer with JW Speaker 8700s and Recon LED Turn Indicators

You Mercer Islanders always have the nicest lights!

Quick Reply: Recon Truck accessories Horrible!