Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Recon Truck accessories Horrible!

Old 10-18-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recon Truck accessories Horrible!

Just sending out a warning. LED blinkers for jeeps by Recon do not fit 2012's. They do not accept returns like normal companies do. They will not pay for return shipment of items that are incorrect and are at their fault. Customer service is terrible, they actually are arguing with me and hung up the line on me multiple times. I just wanted them to take the charge of return shipment. Instead they call me cheap for not wanting to pay the $18!!! So , I had to play dirty!! Disputed the $214 transaction. Getting my money back , and keeping the lights they dont want to pick up. Have front and fender led blinkers for sale now !! Thanks recon! I always enjoy making an extra $200
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Default Sucks

But they are not the only ones who require you to pay return shipping.
That sucks. This is why I prefer to buy local if at all possible.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've never ever had the issue of a company not paying for the return when its 100% their fault. Im not even pissed about the money, just principle. You sold me a part that I had to take the time and try to install and come to find out it doesn't fit a 2012. Then u wont pay return!

They still don't believe me that it doesn't fit! I'm very well capable of installing blinker lights. I already purchased another brand from quadratec and installed them.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look on their website it says the turn signal is for '07-11 Wranglers. Did you confirm with them by phone that it would fit? If not you ordered the wrong part and are responsible for return shipment. When I order parts now I call to make sure it fits the 2011 because of the changes in the model year.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
If you look on their website it says the turn signal is for '07-11 Wranglers. Did you confirm with them by phone that it would fit? If not you ordered the wrong part and are responsible for return shipment. When I order parts now I call to make sure it fits the 2011 because of the changes in the model year.
Yes I confirmed with them. Like I said , they do not believe me one bit that the part doesnt fit my 12'. They keep telling me "Sir I am 99.9% positive this part fits your jeep, are you sure you know what you are doing". But they are in complete annoyance with the fact, they think I'm doing something wrong!! It's really frustrating!! As you can see I already installed the part by Quadratec , very very easy when the part fits correctly!!

I've installed all my lights!! I can def handle the blinkers! Lol

I will admit, who would think that the front grill blinkers have a different Fitment on a 12' than they do with 07-11 but they very much do! They do not line up correctly
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1890083466.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	225677  

Last edited by RescueG911; 10-19-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Send them photographic evidence?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baconrocket
Send them photographic evidence?
Yes I did.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RescueG911
Just sending out a warning. LED blinkers for jeeps by Recon do not fit 2012's. They do not accept returns like normal companies do. They will not pay for return shipment of items that are incorrect and are at their fault. Customer service is terrible, they actually are arguing with me and hung up the line on me multiple times. I just wanted them to take the charge of return shipment. Instead they call me cheap for not wanting to pay the $18!!! So , I had to play dirty!! Disputed the $214 transaction. Getting my money back , and keeping the lights they dont want to pick up. Have front and fender led blinkers for sale now !! Thanks recon! I always enjoy making an extra $200
Dude, you are dead wrong on this.

I just installed their 07-09 LED blinkers and side markers in my 2012. At first, I thought you were right and they didn't fit -- even went so far as emailing them -- but then realized that the bulbs actually have to be unplugged for them to work. They are plug and play with 2012 ... they are a big hassle to get the resistors working, but they are 100% plug-and-play for 2012.

I would go even further--you need to make this right with them. You have blinkers that (a) fit your jeep, and (b) that you didn't pay for. Not cool.

If you were anywhere near Seattle I would offer to prove this 100% by installing them for you myself (minus that F&@^ing resistor that gave me fits for 5 hours last night).

I will send pictures of my 2012 install if you want.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	237618

2012 JKUR in Dozer with JW Speaker 8700s and Recon LED Turn Indicators

Last edited by platbr; 11-16-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

They do not fit my jeep, I've sent them pictures! I also ended up sending them back. I ordered the ones from quadratec and installed them in 2 minutes flat. Perfect fit. They also gave me a hard time and and basically called me stupid on the phone. So don't tell me what's cool or not, I could give 2 sh8ts to be honest with you if they lose the $200 after treating me like an a$$hole. I am a business owner and practice 100% good moral 100% of the time and treat my customers with respect. Judge yourself not others. I am capable of installing blinker lights. I also had the grill completely off, there was no mistaking how to place them in the grill from behind it. They sent me either the wrong set, or a defective pair.

Last edited by RescueG911; 11-24-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RescueG911
They do not fit my jeep, I've sent them pictures! I also ended up sending them back. I ordered the ones from quadratec and installed them in 2 minutes flat. Perfect fit. They also gave me a hard time and and basically called me stupid on the phone. So don't tell me what's cool or not, I could give 2 sh8ts to be honest with you if they lose the $200 after treating me like an a$$hole. I am a business owner and practice 100% good moral 100% of the time and treat my customers with respect. Judge yourself not others. I am capable of installing blinker lights. I also had the grill completely off, there was no mistaking how to place them in the grill from behind it. They sent me either the wrong set, or a defective pair.
Old thread...but since no one backed up platbr, I will. He is right, they fit perfectly. I have them in mine and I have three friends that have them.
You said you have photos, please post them here.

Just wanting to let people know who are looking at these that they do fit. Wiring the resistor was no problem on mine. Had them for a while and they look and work great.

I will say that the two front blinkers are labeled left and right and they are not interchangeable due to the clip placement. Maybe that is where the confusion is.

Quick Reply: Recon Truck accessories Horrible!