Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which receiver hitch did you purchase aftermarket?
Mopar
50.00%
Smittybilt
25.00%
Curt
0%
Rugged Ridge
0%
Rugged Ridge X-treme Value
0%
Hidden Hitch
12.50%
Draw-tight
12.50%
Reese
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Which receiver hitch did you buy?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which receiver hitch did you buy?

I am in need of a receiver hitch and will be ordering it on Friday. It will be used for a receiver rack or a bike rack for awhile, but eventually I will tow a small trailer. This means I am not in the market for a harness, just the receiver.

I want to know which receiver hitch you went with and why. Please don't vote for Mopar if you got it from the factory. If you paid $179 for the Mopar hitch afterwards...why?

Also, the main sites I would order from don't always say if the hitch it tow rated. Let me know if any that are listed in my poll are not tow rated as I don't even wanna open that can of worms down the road.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Mopar because at the time there were no other ones that were the factory style. I did not pat that much for it though. I remeber it being just over $100 at my local Jeep dealer.

Now I see several ones that look exactly like the Mopar one that are much cheaper. I am not sure if they are rated for towing but they look identical.

Quick Reply: Which receiver hitch did you buy?