Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rearend Swaying

Old 07-25-2020, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The side to side is most likely what you are imagining. To put it into perspective, it’s like death wobble, everyone looks at you like your jeep is about to fall apart. It’s bad enough that I know which lanes to stay in when to switch so I miss all of the dips and that one bridge that I have to be in the fast lane or the lane next to it.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

That driver upper ball joint is not in good shape. It "looks" like you've got 2.5" TF budget boost so the flipped steering could be causing more headache than it's worth. You can unflip that drag link if needed. I'd still look at shocks for the "bounce" you describe.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, the shocks in the back are shot.
As for the drag link, we installed it the reverse and it didn’t drive right. So we had to follow the instructions and flip it.

Any suggestions on the type of lift?
Old 07-28-2020, 05:21 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Your front end looks fine. You could raise the rear axle side track bar mount 3" and it should reduce body roll and it will track better down the road. The lift is rubicon express, I would just leave it unless you think the coils are too soft.

Quick Reply: Rearend Swaying