Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rear Zipper tips and tricks

Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could be wrong, but I'd feel a bit dumb looking for a scuba shop in Colorado Is silicone spray something that could be picked up at home depot?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:48 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by BJeepJK
I must have a good one, mine is as easy to zip and unzip as a duffle bag zipper or any other zipper that curves.
Duffle bags have zippers?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ClownPoop
I could be wrong, but I'd feel a bit dumb looking for a scuba shop in Colorado ...
Diving is like jeeping: Plenty of us participate in the sport, even though we may live far from the greatest spots for actively pursuing it.

Dive Shops Near Denver
Old 04-04-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I find that my biggest problem comes from trying to get the rear window zipper started.

When I slide the starting pin (of the soft top half) into the two sliders (of the window half) I noticed that the pin can be set in too far. You can tell because when you start zipping the upper slider you can see that the first few teeth aren't lined up. This misalignment makes it a b!tch to move the lower slider up (to unzip from the left)

I have to be careful to put the starting pin in "just enough" to get the alignment right.

It is silly that literally 50% of my time and effort for putting up the top goes to just the rear window.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I missing?

Mine is so though that I never take it off. I roll it up by zipping up the vertical zipper tracks. Then, I fold the top back with the window rolled up. When the top goes back up, I unroll the window and zip down the vertical zipper tracks. This is very easy to zip back down by unhooking & rehooking the sail panels as needed. I don't think I'm damaging any thing.
Comments?

Quick Reply: Rear Zipper tips and tricks