Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rear swing gate ideas...

Old 05-07-2008, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear swing gate ideas...

So, I was transporting some rifles for military training (YES, I am certified to do this...) out of the case and had one or two butt plates scuff up my back gate on the painted part. Not too bad, but noticeable...

This gets me thinking, what would happen if I had the interior of the gate stripped and covered in a bedliner-type material???

Any ideas/suggestions? I was talking to a buddy of mine who works on autobody about it but he's never done something like this before.

Cheers.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I'd love to have my tailgate coated in line-x. It's the by far the most abused part of my interior.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good idea, do the entire back. It would help keep things from sliding around too.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:21 AM
JK Newbie

If you're going to put a liner on it, why not just do the whole tub? Then your entire floor and gate will be protected. You can reinstall your carpet if you want, but won't need to.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Saharicon
If you're going to put a liner on it, why not just do the whole tub? Then your entire floor and gate will be protected. You can reinstall your carpet if you want, but won't need to.
Agreed. I lined the tub of my TJ and was glad that I did. It made cleanup so easy no matter which area needed it.

I would suggest saving the money and doing it yourself as opposed to having a pro do it... unless you can get a very good deal. It's not nearly as difficult as you would think, it just takes a lot of prep work.

Quick Reply: Rear swing gate ideas...