Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rear Ended..... No Damage?!?!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Ended..... No Damage?!?!

I got rear ended by a typical Memphis driver with NO LICENSE and NO INSURANCE. But anyway... it was a Ford Taurus and rear ended me at about 15 to 20 mph I'm thinking. Her car was pretty bad off.... the Jeep though had pretty much no damage!

Even though that bumper is plastic, its got steel behind it!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that is good news! You still might check the alignment as a buddy of mine got hit and it tweaked the frame just a hair! alignment fixed it up.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i hope you got their info anyway.. i agree though, best to get it checked out
Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Well that does suck, but it is raining today.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tackindy
I got rear ended by a typical Memphis driver with NO LICENSE and NO INSURANCE. But anyway... it was a Ford Taurus and rear ended me at about 15 to 20 mph I'm thinking. Her car was pretty bad off.... the Jeep though had pretty much no damage!

Well I am a police officer in New Mexico I was on my way to a DWI meeting in my Jeep and I was at a red light and some one hit me at about the same speed. It's kinda funny but it was also a Ford Taurus. No damage to mine as I think they hit my spare tire. They had black stuff all over there white hood and the hood was crinkled up. But no injuries. No damage to the my bumper either.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

There will always be SOME damage.
My right corner of the rear bumper was barley scraped by the other car's front right bumper.
My rear bumper mounts were bent a little. The misalignment was so little, only the body shop tech noticed it (that's what they do for a living). Once pointed out, I could see it, too.

If the other party had no insurance, I probably would have said the heck with it. Since they were covered, I got a complete, new, bumper out of it.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 69Fastback
Well I am a police officer in New Mexico I was on my way to a DWI meeting in my Jeep and I was at a red light and some one hit me at about the same speed. It's kinda funny but it was also a Ford Taurus. No damage to mine as I think they hit my spare tire. They had black stuff all over there white hood and the hood was crinkled up. But no injuries. No damage to the my bumper either.
So.... uh...... you say a WHITE FORD TAURUS huh? Thats what color the one that hit me was. Hit my spare too.... black streaks up the hood where it hit the spare, crinkled up hood and all.

Dude..... you think someone out there in a white Ford Taurus has a thing against Jeeps?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tackindy

That sucks but glad you and the jeep are okay.

But that really sounds more like the typical LA driver to me. lol

I have gotten hit twice by drivers with no insurance and one didn't even have a drivers license !!! Don't get me on my soap box.............
Old 02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Junkie

Old 02-04-2010, 02:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I was at Mendenhall and Sanderlin for you Memphis folks, in my Grand Cherokee waiting to turn left onto Mendenhall. Old guy in a buick comes up behind me and bumps me. I put it in park, get out, look, nothing wrong with mine, he hit the hitch, nothing on his that I could tell. I go back to him, he says "You rolled into me" I politely said, "No sir, I have an automatic, it doesn't roll backward (on flat ground)" He said something like "Oh, I"m sorry, any damage?" I said no and went on. He reminded me of my grandfather back before we took the keys away, he had all sorts of fender benders like that. I wouldn't tell us, and if any damage he would pay cash, didn't want us to find out or the cops to come or insurance to find out...

Quick Reply: Rear Ended..... No Damage?!?!