Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rear bumper bottom out and Damage

Old 07-24-2008, 10:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last time we went out to Disney, DaveBloomer hit the corner of his bumper while he was going down a ledge. It made a baseball size dent in the corner of his bumper, I don't think the paint or body was damaged. Now he's got 37's so he won't hit anymore.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

This happened to me a few months ago as I was crossing a ditch which wasn't wide enough to accomodate the length of the jeep. The rear end slammed down and ended up wedged in there, hung up on the rear bumper and the spare.

The bumper took all the impact, and was dented in/ deformed in several places. Once I got the thing home I took off the bumper and fixed the dents with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got a steel bumper now and the kids got a personal flotation device to play with at the lake. If I could get my hands on about 20 jeep bumpers I could build a boat dock !
Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm thinking for the most part you are good to go or we would be seeing at least somebody complaining about body damage.

Obviously, an after market bumper is the way to go, but I think they did a pretty good job designing the Jeep to prevent body damage while stock.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coldfire
But will it just cave in or would it damage the body?
well barely backing up into a tree did this so you tell me

Quick Reply: Rear bumper bottom out and Damage