Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Reacquired by a dealer

Old 08-13-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reacquired by a dealer

Does anyone know anything about Jeep reacquiring Jeeps after purchase, and selling them back to a dealer? Heard about this, looking for details. Any info is appreciated.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Are you talking about buybacks? (lemon law returns)
Old 08-13-2012, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

No. As it was explained by a salesman, someone had bought a 2011 JKU. After having issues with the freedom top, Jeep bought the vehicle back, fixed the problem (I believe it was a damaged seal from putting the top in wrong) and sold it to a dealer. I've never heard of this before, not sure if it falls under the lemon law or not. Skeptical of some other issue that I wasn't told about. 7300 miles on a 2011. Hmmmmm!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Falls under lemon laws, but I think you would get the warranty like you bought it new. Check everything out real good before commiting to it. Might be a bargain - might be a nightmare. Laws vary by state, so it could be considered salvage title ( something common here in KY) and loan value would be less.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Be leary, varies from state to state. I live in Florida and had purchased a Tacoma that was a "factory buy back" and was told it was not " a lemon law". Learned the hard way that Fl considers a buy back the same as a lemon when i was only offered a fraction of its worth on trade in. Luckily Fl had a provision in which once the vehicle was purchased from a dealer, the owner could only clear the title after a specified amt oftime or mileage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-13-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

It was my belief that whatever problem caused the buyback, was exempted from the remaining warranty. For instance, if the vehicle was bought back for a hvac (heater/ac) problem, the remaining warranty excluded the hvac system. I would walk with caution, personally. You might be doing fine, or you might be buying a vehicle with an issue that is still unresolved.

Quick Reply: Reacquired by a dealer