Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rant ... floppy shifter syndrome

Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Rant ... floppy shifter syndrome

Quick rant..Today I installed a new shifter boot on my 2011 model with 18,000, probably been in and out of four wheel drive 5 or 6 times. Had to pull the shifter knobs off and pull the levers up and down and all around to get the console off and then on. Well guess what...I developed floppy shifter syndrome. Its been discussed at length and now I'm part of the club. Had to crawl under the Jeep just to get it back into 2wd manually and then proceeded to find pieces of the stupid plastic bushing under the console.

How an engineer can come up with something so failure prone is beyond me. And whats worse is a company that does NOTHING to remedy a simple and very common problem for what like 6 years now?! Lots of cussing chrysler today and more will follow tommorrow..that is all.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Quick rant..Today I installed a new shifter boot on my 2011 model with 18,000, probably been in and out of four wheel drive 5 or 6 times. Had to pull the shifter knobs off and pull the levers up and down and all around to get the console off and then on. Well guess what...I developed floppy shifter syndrome. Its been discussed at length and now I'm part of the club. Had to crawl under the Jeep just to get it back into 2wd manually and then proceeded to find pieces of the stupid plastic bushing under the console.

How an engineer can come up with something so failure prone is beyond me. And whats worse is a company that does NOTHING to remedy a simple and very common problem for what like 6 years now?! Lots of cussing chrysler today and more will follow tommorrow..that is all.
Thats why 1 of my spring mods is the advance adapters t-case shifter.

Quick Reply: Rant ... floppy shifter syndrome