Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ranch rebate deal on again. Would those guys that have now, do again??

Old 03-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by nicholsmf
Rancho, you chimed in on a part number, anything to say about why some folks have been waiting for months on the rebate?
It is one individual that I am aware of and many who have received theirs, he also has a thread going in JK talk forum, where I have tried to answer his questions over there and to reach out to him there. I don't want to clutter this thread up too much. Thanks for the question.

Here is the thread
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-I-get-screwed...

My first post is the first I was aware of this issue. Someone was kind enough to PM this to me. Last year when this occurred we did not have a strong internet presence and were not aware of this until last week, that is not the case for this year.

Last edited by Rancho; 03-29-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: More info added
Old 03-29-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine installed for almost 9 months now and love it more than the day I bought it. I highly recommend the 9000xl shocks... They have a lot of travel (wish I would have measured them before install) and the fact that they are adjustable is a HUGE +. I set them nice and soft for highway and the ride is amazing, but firm them up for the trail to improve performance.

Also, its the only sub $500 kit (or sub $1000 kit to my knowledge) out there that corrects caster, pinion angle, and steering geometry out of the box.

I would definitely recommend this to my mother if she had a JK.

took me around 6 or 7 weeks to get my rebate btw.

Rancho:
do you know how much travel the 4" 9000xl shocks have?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Red face

Originally Posted by Curiosity
I've had mine installed for almost 9 months now and love it more than the day I bought it. I highly recommend the 9000xl shocks... They have a lot of travel (wish I would have measured them before install) and the fact that they are adjustable is a HUGE +. I set them nice and soft for highway and the ride is amazing, but firm them up for the trail to improve performance.

Also, its the only sub $500 kit (or sub $1000 kit to my knowledge) out there that corrects caster, pinion angle, and steering geometry out of the box.

I would definitely recommend this to my mother if she had a JK.

took me around 6 or 7 weeks to get my rebate btw.

Rancho:
do you know how much travel the 4" 9000xl shocks have?
On the 4" Sport Lift the front shocks PN RS999329XL have 9.58" of travel, and for the rear PN RS999330XL have 9.68" of travel. Thanks for the questions.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancho
On the 4" Sport Lift the front shocks PN RS999329XL have 9.58" of travel, and for the rear PN RS999330XL have 9.68" of travel. Thanks for the questions.
Thanks for the info. Thats not bad, I was thinking it would be 10.5", but thats not far off. Can you tell me what the total length w/ the shock fully extended is?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Talking

Originally Posted by Rancho
On the PN RS999329XL extended length is 25.26 (front)
On the PN RS999330XL extended length is 25.99 (rear)

Originally Posted by Curiosity
Thanks for the info. Thats not bad, I was thinking it would be 10.5", but thats not far off. Can you tell me what the total length w/ the shock fully extended is?
Posted.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Rancho. Out of curiosity, and to help ease the concerns over the whole rebate issue, would you be able to look into and report two things?
  1. The total number of lifts bought under this rebate last year.
  2. The number of issues seen with customers getting their rebates.
I'd be willing to be the first number is considerably larger than the second. I don't know if that type of data is available to you or if you can publish it in a forum like this, but I know if prospective buyers saw it, they would feel much more at ease.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

I've only done mild wheeling with mine so far... disconnected sway bar and a lot of flexing ... but not a boulder trail yet. So far it works awesome on the road, no rattles clanking or noise. Drives straight, no effort to drive or steer.

Shocks are great! rs9000...

I added spring retainers to the lift, and trac bar braces... for about 100 bucks more for another company.

Rebate took 7 weeks but it did come in... total cost was 467 dollars with shocks after rebate.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Nice! Always smart on the spring retainers and braces whenever doing a lift from anyone. Feel free to e-mail me pics support@gorancho.com
And thank you!

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
I've only done mild wheeling with mine so far... disconnected sway bar and a lot of flexing ... but not a boulder trail yet. So far it works awesome on the road, no rattles clanking or noise. Drives straight, no effort to drive or steer.

Shocks are great! rs9000...

I added spring retainers to the lift, and trac bar braces... for about 100 bucks more for another company.

Rebate took 7 weeks but it did come in... total cost was 467 dollars with shocks after rebate.

Quick Reply: Ranch rebate deal on again. Would those guys that have now, do again??