Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rain... TOPLESS!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouln't call them part of the door surround but maybe they are. Aat the top of the pillar are platstic that act like little cups collecting the rain till it is full. Then it overflows to the lowest side which is the rear against the pillar (behind the plastic). Since there are holes back there for the plastic I can only assume water follows the path. Can't be good but easy enough to remedy I think.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

i'm just down the road from ya, neighbor! yeah, that nice little shower surprised the heck out of us, too. i was also topless and doorless, BUT, mine was in the garage. i didnt even know it was raining until the garage door slowly opened, then saw the water dripping off the garage door and was completely baffled until i saw it on my driveway, then out in the street, etc. ran back in, told the wife then stole her truck to run to a meeting i had to get to!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

You luckes out. My 'ol lady also drives a jeep, so i couldn't steal hers.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I could go a couple months without rain on one hand (minus the droughts). I see rain weekly at least which is a hassle without roof/doors. When at home I generally wrap it up in a tarp if its suppose to rain overnight. At work I had some heavy rain totally flood it in a matter of a minute before pulling it into one of our bays. That and had to drive home a few times in the rain as well. When I first got the JK I babied the crap out of it, not wanting to get wet like my previous TJ. After the first rain storm you kinda just get back into the groove of "eh... it'll be ok". So now I just carry a towel in the back so my ass doesn't get all wet when I sit on the seat. No issues as of yet due to the rain.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I would recomend...

nekkidness.

Quick Reply: Rain... TOPLESS!