Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rain... TOPLESS!

Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's already warmed up quite a bit, so I don't think i'll need to pull carpet. I just pulled all plugs. I had about 3 inches in front floor, 2 in rear, and my little cubby hole in rear trunk area under matt was completely full.

Any advice on water in front cup holders?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

LMAO! Happened to me this last Monday. Woke up to about 2 inches of water in the bottom of the tub. I drive to work and laughed at the at the water sloshing around on top of the carpet. Pulled the plugs at work and let it drain. Then thought about it and yanked the carpet out for the first and last time Wednesday night night. I'm not putting them back in, its just so easy to clean when its naked. My roof and doors wont be going back on until it starts to get cold now. I am hoping to have the tub Line-Xed in the next while anyway.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Junkie

I've read about people doing the Line X and Herculiner and othera. Are they expensive or easy to do?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jae Suite
Pull the plugs for sure, I just leave mine out, as for the carpets I don't have time to pull them out every time I get caught in the rain, I just keep driving naked till they dry.
OH, if I could only get that image out of my head...

Back to the topic, I got caught today for the first time (Jeep is 3 months old) in a little down poor. I am glad you asked the question.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Delux2769
I think most people drill a little hole in them. Its in the cheap mod thread I think.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

That insert should just pull out. Use a dish sponge to get the rest.

I'm north of Dallas. I was at work last night. About 03:30 I check the weather maps and see a big storm rolling in. I head outside and put the top up. 5 min after I finished that the sky opened up. 1st time the top has been up since late May! Found a mud dauber nest that was in the folds of the soft top.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What genius at DC thought it was a good idea to get rid of the snap in carpet we used to have on the older models?????

It was great in my TJ, carpet out in seconds to hang in the sun and pull the drain plugs. Whoever is responsible for this needs Jeep flogged. It's definitely jeep fail.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rain

I had about 2 inches of rain in my cup holders....pulled the carpet out...pulled plugs...after a day of 80 degrees sun ( which was the very next day ) ...All back to normal....I did have a little condensation on MyGig radio...but it dried upquick.....BTW left the carpet out for the Summer....I will re-install in the fall...
Old 08-14-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

....and my little cubby hole in rear trunk area under matt was completely full.
That's the one place I was going to suggest to look. I don't know how it happens (cargo mat with a generous lip and door to the 'trunk' are over this area) but evey time this takes the most water. Wound up drilling it. Other then that the only thing that concern me is the top of the pillars. I know water gets in tere. I should close it off with spray foam but I'm lazy like that.

For a modest investment theres a chammy called "The Absorber" at the auto parts stores around here. Works wonders for the cup holders and anything else you need/want to get up quick.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

Top of the pillar? Where does water do in there?

Quick Reply: Rain... TOPLESS!