Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rain with the top off ok?

Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain with the top off ok?

Does anyone know if rain with the top off affect the dash, including the GPS touch screen? How much are these new jeeps made to handle water and stuff on the inside?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try not to get it in the electricals. The center of the dash mainly. I believe everything else is at least somewhat water tolerant.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

I don't have the built-in gps, but mine was caught in a rainstorm last week and the floorboard was holding a couple inches of water. The cd player didn't work for a few hours, but it works fine now. That's the only trouble i've had and mine has been rained on about 4-5 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stlfan06
I don't have the built-in gps, but mine was caught in a rainstorm last week and the floorboard was holding a couple inches of water. The cd player didn't work for a few hours, but it works fine now. That's the only trouble i've had and mine has been rained on about 4-5 times.
Same here. no problems with the GPS or electrical. In fact I think It liked it.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Freak

No prblems here.............got nailed by a thunderstorm this evening on the way to work. Really sucked sitting at the light with the torrential downpour. Light changed, outran the storm........caught the next red light, storm caught up to me and dumped on me again................light change......repeat.......................
God that sucked. Looked like a wet hen when I got to work
Old 07-24-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rain

I usually try to wipe the radio off after a rain storm....but I am starting to wonder why the sub in the rear cargo area should be sealed better or if it is ok?

Maybe I should upgrade to marine grade speakers?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my top and doors off for 2 months now. My jeep is a DD and quite a few times it has rained while I was at work. I noticed that after the heavy downpurs, the rear speaker bar sound output is greatly reduced, but after a day in the sun, all returns to normal. If I see the weather report calls for rain, I leave the Jeep in the parking lot w/ huge heafty bags over the front seats (folded forward) and I fold the back seat all the way up.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

the wife got caught in a rain storm and everything seem to work fine but the check engine light did come on for a day or so and then went off.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have MyGIG and NAV and mine gets wet all the time. No problems yet.

Quick Reply: Rain with the top off ok?