Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: do you have one in your jk?
yes.
22.32%
no.
77.68%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

radar detector poll!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default radar detector poll!

stemmed from another thread...

simple as this: do you have one in your jk?

Last edited by mikeyfl; 06-29-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naw, I enjoy driving the JK too much... like taking my time!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope, no need for one it ain't an M3 its a Jeep
Old 06-29-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not in my Jeep since I don't speed in it.

I save that for my sports car which doesn't go anywhere without the Valentine 1 turned on.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya I have one in the jeep, but it is in the bottom of my console. It's been there since I took it out of my old truck when I bought the jeep.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not in Va

Radar detectors are ILLEGAL in Virginia. If you are stopped in Virginia with a detector in your possession, it will be immediately seized and you have NO recourse. They can tell if you have one on ......
Old 06-29-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

dont have one but going to get one, already got a speeding ticket 42 on a 30....
Old 06-29-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by N2rock
It has nothing at all to do with a need for speed. A JK with auto, 4.10's and 35's sure doesn't have anything at all with that

It has to do with wanting to know when my speed is being monitored. And I don't know about where you guys live, but around here the majority of the cars on any given road are exceeding the speed limits- which BTW are intentionally set too low in order to provide the city with a huge source of revenue.

I have co-workers that show up to work bitching about the stupid ticket they got on the way to work. And every time I point out to them that a radar detector is cheaper than the ticket.

I don't use it as a "license to speed". I just use it to give me a warning that there might be a reason to actually "watch" my speed while everyone else blows by me. Thus saving me money that I can use on mods

I am simply blown away by the amount of people that have this perception that if you own a radar detector it means you are racing from light to light, or attempting to go 100mph on the freeway. Which is totally wrong.

AGREED, I'm with ya. I've got one, in BOTH of our Jeeps....you never know when it may save your ass.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N2rock
It has nothing at all to do with a need for speed. A JK with auto, 4.10's and 35's sure doesn't have anything at all with that

It has to do with wanting to know when my speed is being monitored. And I don't know about where you guys live, but around here the majority of the cars on any given road are exceeding the speed limits- which BTW are intentionally set too low in order to provide the city with a huge source of revenue.

I have co-workers that show up to work bitching about the stupid ticket they got on the way to work. And every time I point out to them that a radar detector is cheaper than the ticket.

I don't use it as a "license to speed". I just use it to give me a warning that there might be a reason to actually "watch" my speed while everyone else blows by me. Thus saving me money that I can use on mods

I am simply blown away by the amount of people that have this perception that if you own a radar detector it means you are racing from light to light, or attempting to go 100mph on the freeway. Which is totally wrong.
I totally agree. Some one already mentioned it but they are illegal in Virginia. I am a huge electronics gadget guru but I never knew the Police had Radar Detector Detectors. Stupid Virginia, if it weren't for being in the Military I wouldn't be here.

Quick Reply: radar detector poll!