Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Questions on Tracking my 2012 Sahara Unlimited Order

Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Questions on Tracking my 2012 Sahara Unlimited Order

Hello!

Did a quick search on this one, didn't find a concise answer. My apologies if it's been posted in detail in another thread. I read the general 2012 thread and found a few hints there.

Ordered a 2012 Sahara Unlimited last week... questions:

What is the process of receiving the vehicle order number (VON) and what do I do with the VON?

And when do you receive a VIN?

Does my dealer give Chrysler my email address and they just send me an email when the VIN is ready?

A quick detail on what the process is would be appreciated.

My dealership hasn't given me anything as of yet, been 6 days. If there's something I should be requesting of the dealership, please advise. Thanks for the input.

On another note, here's my order:

2012 Sahara Unlimited
Bright White
Black Interior
Manual 6 Speed
Max Tow Option w/3.73
LSD
Dual Tops
Air Conditioning
Heated Seats

It's going to be a long wait ;-) Trying to plan my December, but guessing it's a long-shot to receive the rig this year (dealer said 6 to 8 weeks).

Stay frosty!

~ Paul.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all...congrats!

The dealer should've given you a VON when you ordered it..unless they couldnt submit the order right away.

After you get your VON, call the 800 number (dont recall what that number is but its on the "track your jeep" thread") and tell them you want to get your VIN. It can take any where between 1-3 weeks to get that. After you get your vin you can use both the VOTS and insight to check on the status.

VOTS -https://www.chrysler.com/vots
insight- http://ndskins.com/vincreate.htm -to use this one, enter theVIN (once you get it) and then a URL will be generated/printed under the input box and you copy/past that into the browser and assuming your jeep is far enough along in the build it should start giving you some meaningful info.

Good luck and be patient. It almost seems like those who are more patient are getting their jeeps quicker

Quick Reply: Questions on Tracking my 2012 Sahara Unlimited Order