Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question on my order status

Old 01-16-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on my order status

Well I'm new here and have a couple of questions. After owning mustangs my whole life, I pulled the trigger and ordered a Red Rock 4dr Unlimited X. As of right now, the dealership says it is built but is in " I " status waitng inspection. How long am I looking to wait for the car to finally reach the dealership?

BTW...I got the car at invoice. Options include 23S package, power accessiores, 6 disc, infinity system, side air bags, tow package.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaleenPowr
Well I'm new here and have a couple of questions. After owning mustangs my whole life, I pulled the trigger and ordered a Red Rock 4dr Unlimited X. As of right now, the dealership says it is built but is in " I " status waitng inspection. How long am I looking to wait for the car to finally reach the dealership?

BTW...I got the car at invoice. Options include 23S package, power accessiores, 6 disc, infinity system, side air bags, tow package.
Mine was in "D" last Wendesday and I got a call Saturday letting me know it was on rails on the way to the dealer. I really think at this point it comes down to scheduling....and depends how many trucks are sitting in front of you. I would guess it will be in transit by Saturday if it does not need to go back to paint etc... just a guess. It just seems things are moving faster since the Holidays are over.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet....hopefully I'll have it within a week or two.

Another question, I plan on putting a very mild lift on the rig and would like your opinions on the various Budget Boost lifts out there. I only want to go 2" or maybe 2.5" and put on 32" tires. Are budget boost kits any good. I see a lot of guys here getting them and wondering if it really affected the on-road driveability. Any advice?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Another question, I plan on putting a very mild lift on the rig and would like your opinions on the various Budget Boost lifts out there. I only want to go 2" or maybe 2.5" and put on 32" tires. Are budget boost kits any good. I see a lot of guys here getting them and wondering if it really affected the on-road driveability. Any advice?
You don't need any lift to run 32" tires. the rubicon's come stock with 32's and some people are even running 33's without any lift. You can run a 35 with a 2.5 lift.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

so without a lift and 32" tires, I won't have any issues with rubbing when I go wheeling.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so without a lift and 32" tires, I won't have any issues with rubbing when I go wheeling.
If you do... BLAME DC!.

My JK came stock with 32's. I am by no means an extreme wheeler, but i havent had any rubbin'.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you search the keyworks you just dropped in your last post in the search engine upper right hand corner of the page , there are a bunch of threads with all kinds of info on that very question. Welcome to the addiction that is JK-Forum
Old 01-16-2007, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Riprock
If you search the keyworks you just dropped in your last post in the search engine upper right hand corner of the page , there are a bunch of threads with all kinds of info on that very question. Welcome to the addiction that is JK-Forum
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Question on my order status