Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question: Bestop Wraparound windjammer on a 2 door

Old 11-17-2014, 02:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: Bestop Wraparound windjammer on a 2 door

Anyone got a bestow wraparound windjammer on a 2 door JK? I am considering getting one with a safari top and a duster for summer. I just need to know if it seals the wrangler well and also is it easy to remove the windjammer on sunny days? How long does it take to take it off, and how long to put it back on.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I dont have the new "wrap around" windjammer on my 2dr but have all the rest and half doors with soft uppers. The windjammer is not easy to remove quickly because the rear cover zips onto the windjammer then then bikini top wraps over the straps on the windjammer. I dont have door shrouds, so I would expect that adds more complexity to the removal.

What I really like the windjammer setup for getting to and from the trail. I put my soft uppers on my half doors and I'm protected from road wind and I can keep my climate control inside. With my setup it's not really sealed at all, but it's sealed enough for my application in my dry climate. Once on the trail I pull the soft uppers from my half doors and it's very nice.

This setup is also a very light alternative for me since I have a factory hard top and not a soft top. So this doubles as my soft top.

Oh ya, I also run my freedom panels with my full doors but with the windjammer and rear cover (or safari straps) for a different look. This is my girl's favorite setup since it's more sealed from bugs and she likes the full doors and hard roof.

I hope this helps!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

BigLow,

Yeah your reply helps, especially that I couldn't find much information about it online, thanks. I like the idea of keeping the freedom panels on, I think they look better than a bikini top, I might give it a try. I just wish the windjammer was easy to remove and install.

Quick Reply: Question: Bestop Wraparound windjammer on a 2 door