Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question about pricing and discounts on new Wrangler

Old 11-17-2014, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about pricing and discounts on new Wrangler

After a few years hiatus I am going to get back into a JK soon. I am eligible for a discount on Chrysler and Jeep products through my employer. I think the employer discount on a JK is around $1500. If the dealership is offering an already discounted price on a JK, will I get my employer discount on top of the sale price? Or if I am able to negotiate a lower price outright, can I use my employer discount in conjunction with the negotiated price?
Old 11-17-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2007JKX
After a few years hiatus I am going to get back into a JK soon. I am eligible for a discount on Chrysler and Jeep products through my employer. I think the employer discount on a JK is around $1500. If the dealership is offering an already discounted price on a JK, will I get my employer discount on top of the sale price? Or if I am able to negotiate a lower price outright, can I use my employer discount in conjunction with the negotiated price?
Your discount will most likely be their invoice price. There's a good chance that they're already selling it at invoice, or close to it. You'll probably get to pick between the two, unless it's an awesome dealer who loves Jeep buyers and gives you both deals! Highly unlikely though...haha. Good luck!

Good bet is to try different dealers in your area. Make them work against each other. Don't ever let them know if you've fallen in love with a particular Jeep they have on the lot. Then it's game over!
Old 11-18-2014, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

I've posted my experience in a couple similar threads, so I'll throw it on here too.

The last day of the month is your friend. Dealers looking to grab that extra unit sale may be more inclined to 'deal'.
I was offered a 2 door and a 4 door. At about 8pm, I said I can't do the 4 door because it was out of my $ range, and the 2 door just wouldn't work with an infant... so they came back and offered the 4 door at the 2 door price. Sold. The salesman needed that unit sale to hit his quota. I checked around for a week after the purchase and the closest I could find to mine was +$4,000.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You'll need to read the certificate and the fine print legalese--it should dictate how it gets applied. That said, if you can work a better deal without using it, then go that way.

You should be able to get the current rebates/incentives offered through Chrysler at the time of the sale. Check out what's available on your year/make/model of Jeep you want. Those should apply on top of your buyer certificate.

Month end / year end is a great time to buy, especially on an outgoing model year. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Question about pricing and discounts on new Wrangler