Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question about ordering and financing

Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question about ordering and financing

When ordering a new vehicle when do you line up financing to be sure you can get acceptable terms? An order can take 8 weeks or more and typical loan approval and terms are only good for 30 days. It seems that you just put down your refundable deposit and order. Than when the vehicle arrives get approval for financing, whether that would be through the dealer or 3rd party. And if you like the terms of the loan than proceed with the sale , or if you do not like the loan terms, get your refund back and go home ; possibly getting a lovely cheese pizza to help cheer up the perpetual depressive state that you are now in for not being able to get a new Jeep.

Does the dealer do a credit check when placing an order for a new vehicle?
What terms should I look for on a refundable deposit? (I wouldn't want it to say refundable based upon loan approval because the dealer could approve me at a high rate just to make the sale.)

I would like to be prepared and do it right. Thanks

Quick Reply: Question about ordering and financing