Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question about options

Old 02-21-2007, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about options

I have decided I am going to be getting myself a JK Unlimited within the next couple months. I am just trying to decide what options to get.

I would like an X 4wd with:

23S package
power convience group
Infinity RC9 package
trailer tow group

I just cannot decide on the auto or the 6spd?

I dont do much offroading (maybe 3 times a year) so what would you suggest?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Well, there will be a million responses, but... I got an X with those options (can't recall what else was in the 23S). I did get 17" wheels, tow group, and I got the duel top. I got auto because I commute - I am very glad I did. I almost didn't get the hardtop but again for commuting and not worrying as much about security I am glad I did. Even if you don't get the tow group if you get auto you have the 4.10 gears and you can get an aftermarket hitch and still have the 3,500 towing capacity. I have no regrets on the choice having had it for just under a month.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont think I will get a hard top, I was fine with just my soft top on my TJ.

I drive 30 miles to work every day and not much traffic, usually. I was more thinking about the gas mileage with an auto or acceleration difference getting on the highway. Will I notice a difference in power between the two. I may pull a trailer twice a year for home remodeling materials.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely get the 4.10 gears, the 3.21's are weak if you change tires or plan to mod. Dual tops (much cheaper than trying to buy them later). I got the 6-spd because there is no traffic where I am located, when I was in the DC area I had an auto. I recommend the side steps, they keep the salt and spray from kicking up on the sides (and Walmart shopping carts from hitting it). Wheels are not really an issue if you plan to change them. The Infiniti premium sound is ok, unless you are really trying to thump. I probably wouldn't have gotten SIRIUS if it wasn't already on the one I bought. (The stereo has an aux jack for IPODS). I didn't get power w/l because I only have a 2-door, no real need for me.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blacklock
I have decided I am going to be getting myself a JK Unlimited within the next couple months. I am just trying to decide what options to get.

I would like an X 4wd with:

23S package
power convience group
Infinity RC9 package
trailer tow group

I just cannot decide on the auto or the 6spd?

I dont do much offroading (maybe 3 times a year) so what would you suggest?
i'd like to try to talk you out of the tow package. i was dead set on getting it, myself. but then i realized that you're paying $270 for a hitch and a receiver that you can easily best in the aftermarket for $130. you also get the 4.10 gears. but $50 option DMF gets you the 4.10, or you get them standard if you get an auto. if you're at all inclined to get into upgrade fever, there's a good chance you'll replace the stock bumper/tire carrier for an aftermarket one (that probably comes with a tow receiver). just tryin to save you a month+ of beer $$
Old 02-21-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know I want the X, I have no need for a rubicon and a sahara seems to have more features I wanted

I do plan on upgrading to 33's shortly after getting it so that is why I would like the 4:10's.

I would like to have the upgraded stereo because when I had my TJ with the doors off and top down it was not very easy to hear on the highway.

As for the Tow package, If its on there I will get it, it not that important as I can add later.

I wanted the 23S package for the leather wheel, cruise and tilt and fog lights.

Since I plan on getting the 4dr I wanted the pwr window package.

As for the auto vs 6spd, I am okay with either, I have owned 3 vehicles with auto and as long as there if enough power when passing I am okay with it. I just dont want to have the feeling of being in a neon and flooring to have to get up to speed to get around someone.

Quick Reply: Question about options