Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question about my 35s

Old 09-29-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my 35s

Just wanted to ask. Is it normal. That my steering wheel wobbles a bit with my 35sand two inch lift Mechanic
Said because they are big tires it's natural.

Don't mind. Just want to know. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlooch
Just wanted to ask. Is it normal. That my steering wheel wobbles a bit with my 35sand two inch lift Mechanic
Said because they are big tires it's natural.

Don't mind. Just want to know. Thanks.
Nope. They need balanced. If you get them balanced and it still does it you have a bad tire or a bent rim. Your mechanic is full of shit
Old 09-29-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya that's what I was thinking. Good friend of mine to. Just a goof. Even over charged me to get the lift on. Thanks man. I got the tires used and already on the rims. I doubt the rim is bent. But I'll get them balance. Thanks man
Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ludski
yah def get em balanced. cause leaving a tire unbalanced while driven is bad for the rim, tire and basically the whole steering and suspension over time.
Well it's only been two weeks. And i have maybe put a thousand km. Thats not bad right? Well I guess who knows how much last guy put on
Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ludski

no thats not too bad. but if you get the tires balanced and you still get the wobble. look into death wobble. but you would REALLY notice if you had DW. jeep would basically be a giant vibrator.
It's not that bad. Like it's not all
Over the road. Steering wheel has a little wobble while moving. Most of the time. But sometimes doesn't happen. Probably is the balancing. When I look at them while moving ( since they stick out from fenders and I can see them from window). They look like they may be wobbling.
I'll get em checked. And let u guys know.
Can't be death wobble cause on the highway it's nice.

Quick Reply: Question about my 35s