Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question about front sway bar quick disconnects (non rubicon)

Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Question about front sway bar quick disconnects (non rubicon)

I traded my lift ram in for my JKU that was already lifted... A few days ago I noticed the front sway bar quick disconnects and was wondering on how to use email.... Obviously I pull the pinstripes but do I gotta take a load off em first? How do I get them back together? Sorry for the newb question... Just never had them before
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
I traded my lift ram in for my JKU that was already lifted... A few days ago I noticed the front sway bar quick disconnects and was wondering on how to use email.... Obviously I pull the pinstripes but do I gotta take a load off em first? How do I get them back together? Sorry for the newb question... Just never had them before
Park on a flat surface to even out the load. Then try to remove them. Sometimes a little gentle persuasion with a blunt instrument is handy to knock them off their pins. Gentle, if you have to beat on it you aren't parked on a level surface. Sometimes having a buddy rock the Jeep side to side helps. First one is the hardest, after that the second one is easy. Repeat the process in reverse. Sometimes to get the last one reconnected I have to put the remaining front wheel up (or down) on something to get a little flex to line things up.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Jedi

Thanks.... I'll try that next time I go out on the trail I appreciate the help! But one more thing... If I do it on the road before I enter the trail is that okay or should I be completely offroad first?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can drive on the road disconnected. It just isn't as stable so you will feel a dramatic diving in the front end if you turn sharp or take corners at speed. I know a couple guys with YJ's and TJ's that don't have a front or rear swaybar. It isn't their DD and they know to be easy on the steering on the highway.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

OK.... Great thanks for the help!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it seems one always comes off easy the next one is always difficult... sometimes it helps to get someone to sit on one side of the jeep to level it out to get them on or off

Quick Reply: Question about front sway bar quick disconnects (non rubicon)