Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Quadratec's customer service is horrendous

Old 03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadratec's customer service is horrendous

I ordered an AEV hood from them and had it shipped to the body shop. Body shop calls me Friday morning and says they sent two drivers side mesh vents rather than one of each side.

I called Quadratec immediately and they promised to overnight the passenger side vent for Monday delivery (because the hood was painted and done and just waiting on that vent). I checked the shipping status online and it said "At drop shipper" which means they are shipping it from AEV directly.

I called Quadratec today after the vent not getting here and talked to a different guy who said "Well the warranty parts usually take 7-10 days." I told him that is unacceptable and I was told Friday it will be overnighted. They sent me the wrong parts to begin with and my hood is waiting on the right part. I asked him to call AEV and find out the status and asked him to call me back. Never received a call back. The guy didn't sound very willing to help on the phone to begin with. I just don't like being told one thing by one person and another thing by another person.

If it still hasn't arrived by tomorrow I am going to call AEV myself and find out the status.

Anyone else have any trouble with Quadratec's customer service?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah. I had a bunch of parts i wanted info on. I sent them an email to see if everything would work on my jeep. I recieved a confermation that i would be hearing a response in 24 hours. Well that was about 2 weeks ago. So i am going to deal with someone else
Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

I've had no problem with them. I ordered a set of door surrounds and was told they came with the screws. It didn't. I called customer service and asked how much, was told $20 each ($120 for all 6), but they said they would send them because I was told they were included.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Well i was just reading another thread, and someone said that its best to PM the rep on this forum, and he would help people on here out. As far as their higher shipping rates go anyways. So i might just do that. Cause ive priced the same products from Northridge and Quadratec, and with Northridges free shipping, they are cheaper. So i will have to send them a message to see if it works
Old 03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

I have yet to have any problems with them. Ive ordered from both quadratec and northridge. For me quadratec works out better because I live on the east cost. I email quadratec and always get a response back in a day. Also I always get tracking info. Last time I ordered from northridge I did not get any tracking info :( But no biggie cause as long as i Know stuff is on the way its cool with me. I also call in my orders to Quadratec and get free shipping.

Hope you get your issue worked out. Id be annoyed too if I couldnt install my hood becuase of a vent.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Copperhead47
Well i was just reading another thread, and someone said that its best to PM the rep on this forum, and he would help people on here out. As far as their higher shipping rates go anyways. So i might just do that. Cause ive priced the same products from Northridge and Quadratec, and with Northridges free shipping, they are cheaper. So i will have to send them a message to see if it works
This is true. The reps on here are great. Not just Quadratec, but most all of them. It's a bummer to see people bash companies like this before talking with a rep on the forum that has helped a lot of people out.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whenever I have to call a company because of a problem I write down the name/employee # of who I talk to. It helps later, if something is still wrong. Generally speaking most people and companies want to help you out and get problems solved. The more people involved the more things can go wrong. Sounds like this is more of an AEV problem than quadratec, can't expect them to open every box and check parts. It just sucks that you end up in a pinch over a silly mistake. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

No problems here...I ordered a windshield channel for my safari top, only it didn't come with the actual hardware to latch it to the Jeep. I called them and they sent me a whole new channel in exchange for the other one...and all I wanted was the hardware. No problems.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Angry Same here customer service is really lacking

Originally Posted by 2007JKX
I ordered an AEV hood from them and had it shipped to the body shop. Body shop calls me Friday morning and says they sent two drivers side mesh vents rather than one of each side.

I called Quadratec immediately and they promised to overnight the passenger side vent for Monday delivery (because the hood was painted and done and just waiting on that vent). I checked the shipping status online and it said "At drop shipper" which means they are shipping it from AEV directly.

I called Quadratec today after the vent not getting here and talked to a different guy who said "Well the warranty parts usually take 7-10 days." I told him that is unacceptable and I was told Friday it will be overnighted. They sent me the wrong parts to begin with and my hood is waiting on the right part. I asked him to call AEV and find out the status and asked him to call me back. Never received a call back. The guy didn't sound very willing to help on the phone to begin with. I just don't like being told one thing by one person and another thing by another person.

If it still hasn't arrived by tomorrow I am going to call AEV myself and find out the status.

Anyone else have any trouble with Quadratec's customer service?

Same here when they do not have a product they do not tell you. Ask for a trackiing number and you cannot get one. My order was sent to the wrong address. Two items ordered recieved one at the correct address the other went to a compleatly different city. called to correct and they seemed offended.
Discussed shipping charges they stated they do not offer free shipping even if other parts housed do yet I read here it happens all the time. Talked with them about price matching and they sand bagged that also.
Lesson learned. I should not have to contact a vender rep on a forum to get customer service. Sad.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

Blows my mind you guys run into so many issues with them, truely sorry to hear it. I mean, I don't work for em, nor do they pay my bills.....but they've been nothing but great to me. Obviously, I don't know the specifics with your issue - just from what you typed up here, but I'm sure they are doing what they can. I deal with Jeff a lot, and also John.... not sure if there are other Jeff's or John's that work in the sales side, but I thought I'd just throw some names out....

Hope everything works out for you though....

Quick Reply: Quadratec's customer service is horrendous