Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Quadratec Problems

Old 02-03-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadratec Problems

I thought I would make a thread here to let people know of an issue I am having with Quadratec.

I ordered a Warn grill guard from them, and ended up getting shipped a used grill guard. It is very obvious from looking at this that it was previously installed and used on a vehicle. The powdercoat is chipped off at the front of the mounting plates, and there are numerous chips on the front of the tube. The hardware that was supposed to come with the guard was also missing except for three bolts and two nuts. This was not some scratch and dent special I received either, I paid full price.

I have not yet heard back from Quadtratec, but will update this thread once I do. I have always had good luck with Quadratec in the past, and the rest of my order came in new condition.

I am attempting to attach some pictures.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry to hear. FYI i had same problem with them and shipping charges are outrageous.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

It seems like they only respond to customers issues if reported by email M-F (9:00AM to 5:00PM east coast time). I had an issue with them in the past and they did respond to my email, sent an replacement and covered all the shipping for the return and free shipping on the replacement.

I have had very good luck with them as errors do happen, and their timely corrective action has been very good. This may be a case that someone bought it from them, said they never installed, and returned it.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I had to go back to Home Depot with items that clearly had been opened, install attempted and returned.

Good luck, but I think you will be fine and if you paid with a credit card you should have zero issues reversing the charges with the bank if it even needs to go that far.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

So you never mounted this item??

It clearly has been mounted before because you can see the dirt ring around where the washers were.

I have a feeling you will get taken care of by Quadratec. I've always(over 10 years) had good service from them.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think you will have any problems getting a replacement. Hell, they may even let you keep that one to. I have dealt with many mail order companies over the years and have always been taken care off. Good luck.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

This may be a case that someone bought it from them, said they never installed, and returned it.
This is what I was thinking might have happened as well, but in my opinion Q-tec should have still checked the item out. As soon as I was taking it out of the box, you could see the problems.

So you never mounted this item??

It clearly has been mounted before because you can see the dirt ring around where the washers were.

I have a feeling you will get taken care of by Quadratec. I've always(over 10 years) had good service from them.
Nope, I never did but like you said, somebody sure did. I think they will take care of this as well, but we will see.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:25 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know if no one gets in touch with you from your email, please.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

I cant believe they even sent that out. If it was a part that was returned, they should have looked at it when it was returned. I sure hope they have a LOGICAL explanation for ya. Let us know. I have never ordered from Quadratec but I have a list of parts I was about to order.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Just a thought. No matter what, if you wheel with this bar it's going to get dinged and scratched anyway.

Offer to keep the one you have if they give you a substanial discount.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by berg
Just a thought. No matter what, if you wheel with this bar it's going to get dinged and scratched anyway.

Offer to keep the one you have if they give you a substanial discount.
x2..........

Quick Reply: Quadratec Problems