Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Quadratec- One Thumb Down...

Old 03-02-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Quadratec- One Thumb Down...

Hadn't ordered from them in a while, then placed a small order today for some seat belts and then they send me an email after the order was complete saying the parts were on backorder, someone else said that is becoming a pattern with them..Not much excuse for that on a modern website, I've ordered VW parts from 5 or 6 different websites this week and they all tell whether the part is in stock or backordered...
Old 03-02-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That happened to me when I ordered my soft doors from them. They should let you know before the order is placed.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by donbarnes
Hadn't ordered from them in a while, then placed a small order today for some seat belts and then they send me an email after the order was complete saying the parts were on backorder, someone else said that is becoming a pattern with them..Not much excuse for that on a modern website, I've ordered VW parts from 5 or 6 different websites this week and they all tell whether the part is in stock or backordered...
It's not a big deal at all. Just cancel your order and get it from somewhere else.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've placed several orders from Q-Tec and I always call them instead.....their reps over the phone are super-friendly, offer some of the best customer service I've dealt with, and can tell you immediately if it's on back-order and will also give you an ETA as to when the product will be available. Nothing but good things to say about Q-Tec (and I've placed an order with them anyway though the product was back-ordered...remember, they are the lowest price on average).
Old 03-02-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
I've placed several orders from Q-Tec and I always call them instead.....their reps over the phone are super-friendly, offer some of the best customer service I've dealt with, and can tell you immediately if it's on back-order and will also give you an ETA as to when the product will be available. Nothing but good things to say about Q-Tec (and I've placed an order with them anyway though the product was back-ordered...remember, they are the lowest price on average).
X2 They are great on the phone.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your second post is bashing a sponsor...

Your card is not charged until the item is shipped so just cancel the order. Not a big deal.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
Same here. I usually just PM or call Kahdir (he's the Q rep here on the forum) and he's always been up-front with me on availability, and usually can beat prices as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x3000 on calling them. They are very willing to tell you whether an item is in stock or not and if they don't have the item, they suggest alternatatives. Plus they are one of the few places that wait to charge your credit card until the order ships.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnr41a
Your second post is bashing a sponsor...

Your card is not charged until the item is shipped so just cancel the order. Not a big deal.
I've been here for three years, I've got Quadratec parts running on my Jeep that were ordered the day I brought it home, they are good on the phone- And the point isn't "bashing", but to let them know, especially as a sponsor, that their website ordering/inventory system is outdated- If I'm in the middle of a build I hope to have back on the road next week and I spend 2 hours researching where to get what specific parts for it, would be nice to know upfront that it was actually available, like 90% of the bigger parts houses already do...If you were a sponsor, wouldn't you want to know what people were experiencing on your site?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello donbarnes,

Please PM me your order number so that I may look into this for you.

Quick Reply: Quadratec- One Thumb Down...