Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Quadratec, not for Canadians!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scbesse
95% of all my parts have been from northridge4x4.ca, the other 5% have been from the for sale section on this site.
My number may not be the same percentages, but these are the two best places for Canadians to buy stuff. Stan at Northridge in AB will do his best to hook you up with a great deal.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Life After Taxes

Are these "broker fees" a Canadian government hoop to jump through, UPS or what? Do you have a VAT tax ? Asking because your present is our future in order to pay for massive government programs-ObamaCare and more...
Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you try sending the Quadratec rep on here a PM?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

give urself a little road trip down to Maine like I do every summer and buy all my stuff in one road trip and bring it back myself. the $$$$ u save pays for some of the trip.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Four Low
Are these "broker fees" a Canadian government hoop to jump through, UPS or what? Do you have a VAT tax ? Asking because your present is our future in order to pay for massive government programs-ObamaCare and more...
nope its not a Canadian govt' hoop. UPS is a CROOK! They themselves are charging the "brokerage" fee. You will often hear stories of UPS charging $40 broker fees on $20 items. FedEx is no prize in this department either. There a little less than UPS but still rip you a pretty good new one.

USPS charges $5 flat fee for brokerage in coordination with Canada Post. Doesn't matter if the item is worth $1000 or $20. USPS (albeit slow at times) is the only real viable option for shipping stuff to Canada IMHO.

Taxes which are separate from brokerage fees are supposed to be charged on everything above $40 value... but most of the time you get by with no tax on items with a value below $100-$200. Its a luck chance in that regard depending on the mood of the customs inspection. I have received stuff worth $500 (marked at a $500 value as well) with no taxes. So the taxes although can be a luck chance but most do get charged tax on incoming items to Canada.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah face it we as canadians get shafted on jeep parts and pretty much everything else, I'm just happy I live close to the border and can order all my stuff out the US and drive over to pick it up (were talking at least 30%)
ps. not to mention the price difference in gas

Last edited by rexicon; 02-23-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Shipping is a killer for us in Canada. I deal with 2 venders only. Stan at Northridge 4x4 because of the free shipping and his prices are great and Jim at Rockspyder 4x4. He is my install guy and I don't mind giving him a piece of the pie. It is hard to find a great service and install guy. I do do some installs but will not touch stuff like electrical and long arm lifts on my own. It gets installed right the first time with no problems down the road.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did buy some stuff from Quadratec when I started the restoration of the YJ, got screwed on shipping on every order. Have used National 4wd, they dont offer free shipping but sometimes their pricing makes up for it. The majority of my stuff now comes from Stan at Northridge since they opened up in Canada. still large discrepancies in Canadian and US pricing but he does his best to accomodate.
Thanks Stan

Last edited by Mariner; 02-23-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Leverage

Since you guys are our major oil source, just close the tap a whisker,and see if "things" don't improve. Hell,we bend over for the Mexicans, and the Saudis , I'd rather see your "demographics" get some .....
Old 02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Four Low
Since you guys are our major oil source, just close the tap a whisker,and see if "things" don't improve. Hell,we bend over for the Mexicans, and the Saudis , I'd rather see your "demographics" get some .....
Eh, it goes both ways. As much as a lot of Canadian's I find don't like to admit this, but, Canada cant survive without the US either. When a nations 80% gross domestic product is purchased and consumed by one one buyer you rely on them just as much as they do on you.

If we don't help the US it doesn't help us in the long run either. Its the sad truth when your a nation of only 37 million people, lol. Your economy can only be so large and self sufficient.

Having travelled to so many places and witnessed what hostile border's look like Im so glad and feel privileged that the US and Canada have friendly brother-like border crossings so we can enjoy the great and vast lands that both countries have to offer. Thank god, becuase I love Cali and Vegas

Staying on topic though.... UPS and FedEx are still CROOKS!

Quick Reply: Quadratec, not for Canadians!