Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

quadratec forum discount?

Old 04-05-2016, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default quadratec forum discount?

Do we get a discount there or no? I'm about to order some wheels and it will make a difference. I don't worry about it for $20 or $50 items.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

In the past, I have gotten free shipping, but that was only on floor mat size stuff, not tires & wheels.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can message Rick, the Quadratec rep on here, and he will send you a quote.
Username is "quadratec"
Old 04-06-2016, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish i had known about this earlier
Old 04-06-2016, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also call Quadratec directly and they will tell you if the forum discount will apply. It's advantageous to call because they can also tell you if the item is in stock or back-ordered. Plus their customer service is top notch (in my experience).
Old 04-06-2016, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

5% an approved items for anybody that didn't know. If you're gonna buy there anyway, why not?
Old 04-07-2016, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
5% an approved items for anybody that didn't know. If you're gonna buy there anyway, why not?
Good to know. My experience when shopping there for items I needed was that they seemed to be 30% higher than other sources. Maybe that's just what good customer service costs, but most of the time I do my own homework and know exactly what I need before I'm ready to purchase.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Good to know. My experience when shopping there for items I needed was that they seemed to be 30% higher than other sources. Maybe that's just what good customer service costs, but most of the time I do my own homework and know exactly what I need before I'm ready to purchase.
I agree. I have bought from Quadratec once or twice, but frankly for most items they are no where near competitive from a pricing standpoint. While they have pleasant knowledgable people, on commodity goods there is is not a tremendous amount of added value. Doing a little research and a few good web searches is the best way to save a bundle of cash. .
Old 04-07-2016, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Not that I have anything against Quadratec, but Northridge4x4 (forum sponsor) offers free shipping on all items over $70. If memory serves me shipping from Quadratec depends on the amount you spend and not necessarily the item. Something to think about.

R/
Will
Old 04-07-2016, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
I agree. I have bought from Quadratec once or twice, but frankly for most items they are no where near competitive from a pricing standpoint. While they have pleasant knowledgable people, on commodity goods there is is not a tremendous amount of added value. Doing a little research and a few good web searches is the best way to save a bundle of cash. .
The ironic thing to me is that I've been having to recently purchase some OEM replacement parts for my JK. I do a google search on the part and Quadratec usually comes up. I'm like, oh cool Quadratec also sells OEM replacement parts. I check their price and it costs more than if I had purchased it through a dealerships website. It almost seems like they're buying the stuff from the dealer and then re-selling it.

Here's some recent examples. My L/F driver's door wasn't opening using the inside latch. I took it apart and found I needed a replacement latch cable and a latch presenter bracket.

Latch Cable:
Quadratec: $15
MOPAR 68014959AA - MOPAR® Left Front Door Inside Handle to Latch Cable for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Dealership website: $10.22
OEM Part Number 68014959AA from Jeep - moparpartsdiscounted

Latch Presenter:
Quadratec:$48
MOPAR 68014957AB - MOPAR® Left Front Latch Presenter for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Dealership Website:$37.63
OEM Part Number 68014957AB from Jeep - moparpartsdiscounted

So as a forum member, I can either get 5% off from Quadratec or I can get 25% off from the dealership without being a forum member. Maybe it's different on accessory parts and that's just the case with OEM replacements? I purchased a soft top snap on cover from Quadratec and it was a similar price as everywhere else. Alls I know is that Quadratec typically isn't the 1st place I look to shop based on my experience with their prices.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-07-2016 at 04:46 AM.

Quick Reply: quadratec forum discount?