Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Quadratec

Old 04-02-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danmojo82
One thing about Quadratec though is that they carry EVERYTHING! If you cant find it anywhere else odds are that they have it. Plus they do price match.
I have bought a lot of stuff from Quadratec and from Northridge. Both are quality companies, though I lean a bit more towards Quadratec now that they will do free shipping here, since they do spend a lot of money on their website and catalogs.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dronac
Quadratec has an awesome web site and quarterly catalog, but they seem to be more expensive then just about any competitor and their shipping prices are high.
Originally Posted by horrocks007
I really like Quadratech, but because of their outrageously high shipping rates I usually buy from 4wd or Northridge.
As was said above, if you just PM the Q-tec rep, they knock off the shipping cost and usually throw an additional discount on top of that as well. I've been spending quite a few bucks over there lately as well.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

I pm'ed the rep approximately a month ago, and he replied quickly. He then sort of forgot about me for a couple of weeks, pm'ed me again, and asked for a number he could reach me at. I gave it, but I never heard from him. I'm not looking to spend thousands (though I wish I could), just looking for some help on the shipping. Probably just very busy. I'll have to give Northridge a look.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I too have always been very happy with them.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

I have spent thousands at quadratec and only made one purchase (recently) at northridge. I may look at doing more business with northridge. Quadratec just does not have any discounts even for customers who spend a lot of money.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

They are reputable and their site is easy to search/use. Bear in mind, however, that though their inventory is immense, they do not carry every brand.

There are many products not carried by quadratech which deserve your consideration. If you are considering a big budget item, do yourself a favor and shop several sites.

Shovel
Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

I've ordered from them. Got good stuff and good service. I ended up switching to Northridge4x4, though. Just because they're in Canada in the province next to me. My Quadratec stuff came from the states and I had to pay shipping and duty. Just cost me way too much. I still love flipping through their catalogue, though! It's one of my "dirty" magazines.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

They've always been great with my orders, but I recently found out 4wd matches & beats all advertised prices from other dealers.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah they need to come up with a new system for their sipping rates. I'm like 45 miles away from them. Shipping rates by order total is antiquated and they should spend a few dollars to get a better system in place. On top of having to pay sales tax, the crazy shipping rates for being so close have pushed me to buy elsewhere most of the time. I usually only buy from them now when I need the part the next day.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ruppster
Yeah they need to come up with a new system for their sipping rates. I'm like 45 miles away from them. Shipping rates by order total is antiquated and they should spend a few dollars to get a better system in place. On top of having to pay sales tax, the crazy shipping rates for being so close have pushed me to buy elsewhere most of the time. I usually only buy from them now when I need the part the next day.
If your that close just go drive and pick it up? I know I sure as hell would.

Quick Reply: Quadratec