Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Put my hardtop on today...

Old 10-18-2008, 10:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep-N
I usually wait till Nov to put on hardtop. However, I had to do it 2 months ago. Due to my jeep getting broken into and having softtop slashed. bastard is luck I didn't catch him. Funny thing was is I never lock my doors, so there was no reason to slash top.
some people are just plane jackass's!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pwermker
Now we will have 6 more weeks of nice weather.
Hopefully you are right!!! I could always take my freedom top front panels off (like I did yesterday) but in all honesty, I am actually looking forward to driving in the snow this year.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was hoping to make it to Thanksgiving before putting on the hard top.

Even with the soft top up and the doors on, I feel closed in.

But those last top-down, doors off days might be behind me here in central Indiana.

Maybe one last warm spell... I hope.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Swithing tops

Grabbed the manual so I can go over the process in my head (it's my first jeep & I left the 2 tops on from when I bought it until early spring). Then I just have to grab the kid next door to help with the grunt work.

I don't know which will be more work. Lifting the top, or emptying the garage of all the kids bikes, scotters etc & assorted home improvement projects...

Once it tops 50, the freedom panels come off. Althoug I'm getting older - I keep looking at the write-ups for the heated seats.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

I too took the plung and put the hard top on yesterday. Looking at the weather here in Wisconsin it appears that yesterday was the last nice day for a while. It makes me said knowing now that summer is over. It also pissed me off cause I had some much trouble getting the soft top installed this year that I missed half the summer with no soft top............So i guess its bring on winter baby.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Im avoiding thus till the last second.
I believe the manual says to avoid putting the top down when it's under 40 degrees so don't leave it too long.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Put mine on a couple of weeks ago. Never know in Nebraska. But I was able to take out the freedom top panels yesterday and it was nice being able to do it...

Quick Reply: Put my hardtop on today...