Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

purchasing extended warranty on-line

Old 11-20-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purchasing extended warranty on-line

Question for the forum members....

I am looking to purchase a chrysler extended warranty on-line for my Wrangler. Seems like the prices on-line are much cheaper than at the dealer. Has anyone bought one on-line? Are these websites legit? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be vary careful who you buy from. being a dealership tech we see tons of aftermarket warranties, easy care is pretty good. most dont cover JACK!
Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

The warranty I am looking at is a chrysler factory extended warranty through chryslerfactoryplans.com.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by spacemastert
The warranty I am looking at is a chrysler factory extended warranty through chryslerfactoryplans.com.
Call the dealership and ask if they honor that and if they cover anything. Talk to a service writer. Looks too good to be true...
Old 09-04-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
be vary careful who you buy from. being a dealership tech we see tons of aftermarket warranties, easy care is pretty good. most dont cover JACK!
I used Easy care on my suburban - it was outstanding. Used it three times ( that is why I sold it and got my Jeep )
Old 09-04-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just went through all this awhile back. Call all the dealers in your area (I got three different quotes from three different dealers). Then go to this site:

https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

This is a dealer site that sells the genuine chrysler warranties that is far cheaper than buying it from

http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contracts/

When talking to the service rep at jeep.com, she informed me that the dealers were allowed to discount the contracts and that jeep.com had to sell them at full msrp.
She told me that the contract I got from chryslerwarrantys.com was the exact same as from jeep.com only about 25% cheaper.

After I went to:

https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

I filled out the listing and had them give me a quote. I didn't do anything for a couple of days and then got an email telling me that I could get another $190.00 discount on the original quote. Ended up lowering my quote from jeep.com (2090.00) to $1449.00

Good luck.

Here is a quote from the email they sent me:

For a limited time only...Save an additional $190 off our already highly discounted price.

This offer is only valid through
August 31.

To take advantage of this offer, save this promotional code: xxxxx

It is required to take advantage of the additonal savings and is only valid with purchases from our site!

This is the same plan that you may have been offered by your local dealer at a much higher price. These plans are honored by every Chrysler, Dodge and and Jeep dealer in the United States, Canada and Mexico. We are so confident in our low prices that we display them on the site for the world to see!

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-888-918-9840 or send us an email at support@chryslerwarrantys.com.

www.ChryslerWarrantys.com

Quick Reply: purchasing extended warranty on-line