Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

pulled over by the police BUT!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmat1980
See, not all cops are bad
Old 01-30-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was on the way home from work late one night a while back when I came across a police road block. Seems a couple of fellas were seen breaking into a store in the neighborhood & when the police arrived, one of them took off on foot while the other drove off in the getaway car. The guy in the car managed to put it into a power pole not far away so they got him, but were checking all vehicles in the area as the guy on foot was still on the run.

So anyway there were a few cars in front of me & the cops were just shining their flashlights around inside & checking the driver's paperwork briefly before waving them through but when it came my turn they made me get out of my Jeep. Then one of the cops got behind the wheel & seemed to be checking out the controls, instrument panel, gear & transfer case levers, etc & then got me to open up the hood so he could look at the motor, then open the rear of the hardtop so he could poke around back there as well.

By this stage I was starting to panic, a police chopper hovering overhead with it's spotlight shining down, thinking that maybe my JK matched the description of the vehicle the second theif was seen getting into & I'd end up in handcuffs being hauled off to jail or something. But then the cop, who had been gruff & unsmiling up to now, suddenly got all fiendly & started asking all these questions such as what mileage I was getting, how much did I pay for it, what dealer options were available, etc. Turns out he'd been really interested in buying a JK and this was the first one he'd seen up close so he thought he'd take the opportunity to have a good look at it & ask me some questions about the pros & cons of the JK. I guess I saw the funny side of it later...

Last edited by JKlad; 01-30-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does no one notice their dash lights not being on at night is a clue the headlights are not on?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Four Low
Does no one notice their dash lights not being on at night is a clue the headlights are not on?
In order for your fogs to come on you have to have the parking lights on, so the dash light would be on either way.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky, I'm glad to hear there is 1 good cop out there though.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone get pulled over for not having an inspection sticker? I didnt notice because the speaker hides that area. Just got a warning and some freebies from the dealership. Wont let my friend/salesman live that down also.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

Not sure what you mean by having to manually turn on your headlights? Mine come on automatically with my 2011, and the fog lights have to be turned on manually.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by largo
Not sure what you mean by having to manually turn on your headlights? Mine come on automatically with my 2011, and the fog lights have to be turned on manually.
that must be for 2011 only then, my previous car had automatic lights and that is one of the things I miss most in my jeep almost every time I drive out of my parking garage at night somebody on the sidewalk or in another car yells at me to turn them on...

Quick Reply: pulled over by the police BUT!