Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

pulled over by the police BUT!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled over by the police BUT!

Pulled over by the police but thank god he was a fellow jeep'er!

I was an idiot and was running just my fogs and not headlights as im an idiot sometimes when I was pulled over for not having my headlights on!

To make matters even worse I didn't have my insurance information on me as my brother forgot to throw it in the jeep when he said he would.

so things arnt going great with me and the officer...no headlights no insurance BUT!
He was a fellow jeep'er and after getting me all nervous of what is to come next he just starts to laugh at me!

He goes on to tell me how he has had 5 jeeps and how much he loves them and that he thought it was funny and dangerous(was a popo after all) that I didnt even realize I only had my fogs on.

What a great guy we went on to talk about future and past mods and my new 2011 he was very jealous of.

long story short thank god he was a jeep'er because he understood how much of an idiot I was and let me off with just a warning and showed me how to turn the lights on and to go home and punch my brother for trying to ruin my jeep experience. what an interesting couple of minutes
Old 01-26-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

See, not all cops are bad
Old 01-26-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fandango777
Pulled over by the police but thank god he was a fellow jeep'er!

I was an idiot and was running just my fogs and not headlights as im an idiot sometimes when I was pulled over for not having my headlights on!

To make matters even worse I didn't have my insurance information on me as my brother forgot to throw it in the jeep when he said he would.

so things arnt going great with me and the officer...no headlights no insurance BUT!
He was a fellow jeep'er and after getting me all nervous of what is to come next he just starts to laugh at me!

He goes on to tell me how he has had 5 jeeps and how much he loves them and that he thought it was funny and dangerous(was a popo after all) that I didnt even realize I only had my fogs on.

What a great guy we went on to talk about future and past mods and my new 2011 he was very jealous of.

long story short thank god he was a jeep'er because he understood how much of an idiot I was and let me off with just a warning and showed me how to turn the lights on and to go home and punch my brother for trying to ruin my jeep experience. what an interesting couple of minutes
lol having a 2 dr definitely helps same exact thing happened to me and my brother with the jeeper police my brother got pulled over for the exact same thing and exact same cop but he got the ticket haha
Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
lol having a 2 dr definitely helps same exact thing happened to me and my brother with the jeeper police my brother got pulled over for the exact same thing and exact same cop but he got the ticket haha
ouch jeep'er giving a jeep'er a ticket
Old 01-26-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fandango777
ouch jeep'er giving a jeep'er a ticket
lol i think he thought my brother was a mall crawler though haha he has a four door sahara not saying all saharas are mall crawlers and he was with all his daughters and their trunk was literally filled with shopping bags.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

I did the exact same thing the other night...drove about 10 miles highway and got behind a van on the off-ramp headed home & seen my lights were not on...just the fogs! Luckily no cops were out and about! ---- glad your copper was a jeeper!! :-)
Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

yea dumb move with the fogs easy mistake though at the same time
Old 01-26-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I try to always give warnings to fellow jeepers. Especially since the headlights are so bad....it's not like you can tell if they're on or not !!! Hahaha
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesome.... I can't imagine writing writing a ticket to someone for forgetting to turn on their lights..... I'd arrest them if they forgot because they were drunk... But no ticket just because they forgot... Happens A LOT!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

yea i love that we have to manually turn them on unlike so many other vehicles these days but my mind is a busy place and it dosint always remind me not to be an idiot and turn my lights on

Quick Reply: pulled over by the police BUT!