Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pulled over by the fuzz....

Old 01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is illegal for them to stop you without proper cause. It is nice that he likes your rig, but to stop you with lights flashing for that is wrong. By the way I wish I had your commute! But I would probably walk or ride my bike.....awesome commute.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Well, yea - I pretty much know all the local officers in town anyway. It's a rather quaint town, maybe like a 5 mile radius...haha.

As far as the door-less driving, I'm pretty sure it is illegal but they really don't crack down on it. I would HIGHLY suggest though that if you are indeed driving without the doors in NJ that you atleast have your mirrors relocated to the side or have an additional set. I think they are on the lookout for no mirrors cause when you take the doors off on stock jeep, the mirrors go with em...then they have reason to just pull you over if they don't see sideview mirrors.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

I had a cop come up to me while I was getting gas and told me he liked my jeep, but I needed to lift it and put bigger tires on. Told him I was working on it. Apparently he he's got one with 37s, was a nice guy to be with for a minute.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Yea, I happened to luck out with the location of my job. It's an industrial/business park that cuts across from my town into the town next door. It's great in the summer, I take my lunch break and go swimming! Then dry off on my ride back to work with the top and doors off!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
......... he said "love your jeep with the doors off" and then watched me as I drove off, haha. Keep in mind, it's illegal apparently to run without doors in Jersey - does he not know or just liked the look so much he lost his train of thought!? haha
Or it was entrapment. LOL...Yeah, go ahead and take those doors off! That's what he was REALLY thinking!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Pretty cool he likes the jeep but completely annoying that he had you freak for a minute and made you late for work.

Now what if your driving around and see a cop car on the side of the road gunning people (for speeders) and pull up behind him and say "Hey nice fucking cop car! Is that a laser MPH gun!?" and lets see how well he reacts.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Junkie

No, I HAD my doors off already....he walked up and gave me my ticket without my doors on...and said I like your jeep without the doors....and that was it, haha...
Old 01-20-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

I've stopped a couple of forum members just to say Hi!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ConAir
Is the Jersey doorless statement a true fact? That is where I do most of my doorless riding...
It is not illegal to ride without doors in Jersey. It is only illegal if you do not have mirrors.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey you know what? Befriend and friend them and then you have an out in the town. Eventually you can hook up for trail rides. It never hurts to have a cop in your pocket. They ALL talk and you can bet his partners know abou the Jeep now. Cops are people too. I have been pulled over twice, one time was for trailering a new Polaris 400 in '99 and then trailering my banshee. When I was pulled over for pulling the Polaris I was doing 75 in a 55 mph. No ticket. It was a legit traffic stop with lights. Talk and don't be a dick and guys will give you a break. I agree a stop on the road was a bit "insensitive" but he didn't know how far you were going and has a beat to patrol too. Now you can say you were pulled over by police for " Being too damn Cool!!!!! "

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Quick Reply: Pulled over by the fuzz....