Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Proud new Jeep Owner!!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new Jeep Owner!!

Just bought a 12 bright white, white top Rubicon. I have a Mopar/teraflex 3in lift coming. My question is do I need wheel spacers with stock wheels or if i go with an aftermarket wheel what offset should I be looking for. Do I need a different Y pipe. And will the tail gate support the weight of the 35in spare? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new Rubi! White is a great color! If you are going to run your stock wheels you will need spacers with the 35" tires or you can go with a wheel using a 4.5-4.75 offset. I didn't have any problems with my drive shaft touching the y pipe running the OME 2" heavy lift with stock bumpers on my old 2012 so I was really netting about 3.25" of actual lift. The Mopar kit may actually have the spacer for the pipe included. Not really sure on that one. Some people run the 35" on the stock carrier and don't have any problems. Personally, I don't like 75-100 LBS riding on my tail gate so a carrier would definitely be on the "to do" list for me. I am probably going to add one to my new COD Edition for the stock 32". If a carrier is out of the question right now I would at least recommend getting the spacer kit to push the spare out a little further to keep from contacting your rear bumper. Teraflex is coming out with a new setup to run the spare on the gate that looks like it is going to be pretty sweet so you may want to look into that. Again congrats on the new JK!

Last edited by deathboyardee; 03-18-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Proud new Jeep Owner!!