Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Proper way to tie down my JK!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I haul my JK trailer queen, I wrap the axles in a cross pattern. You'll find most people that haul crawlers do this.

Edit, here's a pic I dug up just to give you an idea of how I do it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00011.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	30540  

Last edited by JackMac4; 09-25-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pic Jackmac im going to take the chains and binders back and try the axle straps they have a 10k working load and comes with matching rachet straps. I was worried about the chains up front after being tightened the SS, and draglink look like they will be in the way I think they starps will be a little nicer to my front end parts so I will try that thanks again for the input guys better safe than sorry right
Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually have a chain and binder as well - I sometimes will throw it on the front axle as a backup. Chains are really fine, but straps work great. Its much easier if you get proper straps...if this is a one time thing, just get some cheap 10k straps and they'll be fine. If you plan on hauling more often, loook at axle wraps and 10k straps that will properly hook to the axle wraps.

In the pic above I had cheapo 10k straps that I wrapped around the axle - but now I have axle wraps that I attach to the strap.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes all loads that have the ability to roll or shift should be cross chained go from the passenger side of the axle to the drivers side of the trailer and visa versa for the other side. but as noted just becareful of the brake lines. you should not tie to one center point on the axle like jack because you are not actually pulling against itself like if the straps were positioned at either end of the axle. Always tie down the outside edges not the center point.

Last edited by john smack; 09-25-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Proper way to tie down my JK!