Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

proof for my dad.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jblankster
so today we drove past a rubi (04) with half doors. so i showed him that and he gets it a little bit. but he is now using the excuse that it rides rough and is bouncy compared to a X. can anyone confirm this?
There are a number of posts on this and other discussion boards that discuss this issue. Most suggest little difference in ride. However, the better way might be a test drive of the two back to back.

SV
Old 12-29-2007, 08:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jblankster
so today we drove past a rubi (04) with half doors. so i showed him that and he gets it a little bit. but he is now using the excuse that it rides rough and is bouncy compared to a X. can anyone confirm this?
I have an 07 Rubicon and I think the thing rides nice. Tire pressure makes a big difference too. The springs in the Rubi may be a little stiffer but I doubt there is too much difference. Plus if that is the problem, there are a thousand guys on here that will trade you your Rubi springs and shocks for their X springs and shocks. I doubt you will find many if any that would trade the other way around.........well except for maybe your dad.

The danger with the Rubi is your dad will keep thinking up reasons to run errands in it!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^my dad doesn't get the whole jeep (specifically wrangler) thing... if he "got it" i wouldn't have to post this thread LOL

Quick Reply: proof for my dad.