Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

proof for my dad.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmerc
Re: Originally Posted by crux
Ahh, an X owner??? .

Uh, Yeah, you did start it! My point was used, vs. new, not Rubi vs X!
But, you felt so high and mighty, I had to be a smart a$$....it's just what I do best!

Seriously tho', I apologize!!!!

I myself don't understand why folks buy $30k rigs, then trash 'em....that, is what "beaters" are for. But, not many places to go off road around here, so, what do I know.

Lastly, I LOVE my X! I've wanted a Jeep since the CJ years, but couldn't justify owning a vehicle with 6" of storage behind the rear seat. When I saw the Unlimiteds, I KNEW it was time.

Well I1m glad you like your X. But next time you should refrain from the "hyped up rubi" remarks unless you wanna stir the nest. Jeep on
Old 12-27-2007, 09:28 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crux
This is the very thing that just chaps my ass. I don`t start shit on here. But when someone like the OP starts a thread basically asking for advice, and some of you can't stand to not flame him, and then talk shit about things you have no business mouthing off about, it gets me pissed. I've posted a few like this in the past. If you can`t stay on topic, and cant be civil, then shut the fuck up and don`t say anything!!!! Oh yeah, and happy holidays ! Geez...I feel like I'm at the family social !
Well I1m glad you like your X. But next time you should refrain from the "hyped up rubi" remarks unless you wanna stir the nest. Jeep on

What he said + The real point here is that the kid just asked for a little help from his "friends".

dmerc, I'd invite you to come out and do some real wheelin, but I think you'd be skeerd that you'd scratch your paint. Yeah, I'm not taking it easy on my rig, but I'm having a REALLY GOOD TIME. You wanna put a dollar value on that? Now do you UNDERSTAND?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the very thing that just chaps my ass. I don`t start shit on here. But when someone like the OP starts a thread basically asking for advice, and some of you can't stand to not flame him, and then talk shit about things you have no business mouthing off about, it gets me pissed. I've posted a few like this in the past. If you can`t stay on topic, and cant be civil, then shut the fuck up and don`t say anything!!!! Oh yeah, and happy holidays ! Geez...I feel like I'm at the family social !

....get in line.

oh, pass the salt please, and the gravy.

...thanks.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by jblankster
okay, as some of you read in my other thread about this rubi. my dad dosent like it just becuase of the half doors. and he says he would rather order me a new x. can you guys PLEASE post here ant tell him that this used rubi is WAY better than ordering any new X. he will be seeing this in a few days so post as much reasons to get the rubi as possible
If it's silver, ill trade ya for my full doors "L"

bottom line is either is fine, your dad just has an opinion about the half doors~that's cool, we all have our own.

~Wish my dad woulda bought me a Jeep!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Well; you're in luck, it is silver....
Old 12-27-2007, 09:57 AM
JK Jedi Master

i'd go with full doors then buy some bestop full soft doors in the spring, they split in half.

I hated my half doors. But like the Idea of half doors for wheeling and the sudden down poors of rain. Its easy just to keep the tops in the back.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
i'd go with full doors then buy some bestop full soft doors in the spring, they split in half.

I hated my half doors. But like the Idea of half doors for wheeling and the sudden down poors of rain. Its easy just to keep the tops in the back.
that's a good idea.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
If it's silver, ill trade ya for my full doors "L"

bottom line is either is fine, your dad just has an opinion about the half doors~that's cool, we all have our own.

~Wish my dad woulda bought me a Jeep!
it is silver lol
Old 12-27-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK, my turn!!!! This is for dmerc.... its one thing to bust someone's balls about a jeep or specifically about a rubi but you went over the line with the harley comment . Just an FYI, I have 2 Harley's(one for each large ball!) In 2 years I put 8k on the car and 40k on the motorcycles. I couldn't afford a bike or jeep or whatever until the kids finally moved out. Maybe its called enjoying LIFE. And I am not going to save my money so when I die my kids can fight over it. NOW>>>>>>
Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
that's a good idea.
I know!! dont trade your full doors., trust me!

Quick Reply: proof for my dad.