Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

proof for my dad.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proof for my dad.

okay, as some of you read in my other thread about this rubi. my dad dosent like it just becuase of the half doors. and he says he would rather order me a new x. can you guys PLEASE post here ant tell him that this used rubi is WAY better than ordering any new X. he will be seeing this in a few days so post as much reasons to get the rubi as possible
Old 12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
JK Newbie

What are the specs on the rubi? Is this your first vehicle?
Old 12-25-2007, 01:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see how a used rubicon is way better than a brand new X.

Granted, with the X, you're getting a blank pallet, but it's nearly as capable as the rubicon in its stock form. Plus, with your father paying for the damn thing, you should be able to save a few bucks and upgrade it.

Why complain about getting a brand new vehicle?????
Old 12-25-2007, 02:41 AM
JK Jedi

From what remember in the other thread, the Rubi seemed like a heck of a deal, probably the way I would go as well. Especially if down the road you intend to wheel the thing. The Rubicon will also hold it's value better in general, with the new X you'll be taking the depreciation hit right off the bat. As an owner of an X, I can say you'll be very happy with it to though. Oh, and the RUbi will have 4.10 gears, the X will have 3.73 at best.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like we'll need more info on that X.

If your dad is buying an X with just the 23S option and 6-spd and softtop, he should be able to get it at invoice, will save a couple thousand, and will have a lifetime warranty. The "X" is also an incredibly capable vehicle and shouldn't be dismissed! It's a great starting point for modding. I can see why your dad would want to buy an X.

That said, a Rubi is a Rubi. It was specifically engineered to be the best "stock" off road vehicle on the market today (here's a nice review: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/rev...gler-rubicon/). The Rubi also has a better stereo. The Rubi you're looking at should still have a year or two left on the warranty -- time enough to find/fix any flaws. I bought my Rubi because I wanted the best engineered off-road vehicle (I'm an engineer ) and plan on keeping it mainly stock. To me, the Rubi just looks right stock, but the X looks like it needs modding.

The price on the two JKs should be comparable, but I'd buy the Rubi since the big depreciation hit is already over (and it's a RUBI -- hey, I'm hugely biased!). Your dad will take a $2K hit just driving the X off the lot.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

If you do get an X with a six speed, do yourself a favor... Get the trailer tow package. Not only do you get that handy dandy hitch and wiring but you upgrade from 3.21 to 3.73 gears for "cheap."

angela
Old 12-25-2007, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Laneco
If you do get an X with a six speed, do yourself a favor... Get the trailer tow package. Not only do you get that handy dandy hitch and wiring but you upgrade from 3.21 to 3.73 gears for "cheap."

angela
The 3.73 gears by themselves is a $50 option. Really, really cheap.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Proof for my dad

There are much higher stakes here than just JEEPS, step back and try to look through your dads eyes ( if you can ).

There are no guaranties in life, you can get hurt ( as in vehicle reliability ) in a used Rubi or even a new X, but the NEW X should have a better warranty
Your dad wants the safest and best for HIS son.

nuff said

Old 12-25-2007, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I don't see how a used rubicon is way better than a brand new X.

Granted, with the X, you're getting a blank pallet, but it's nearly as capable as the rubicon in its stock form. Plus, with your father paying for the damn thing, you should be able to save a few bucks and upgrade it.

Why complain about getting a brand new vehicle?????
I agree with this. Also if you have to get an X model, and your dad is cool with used vehicles, you can look for an '07. You can find an '07 X with a factory Dana 44 rear axle and 4.10 gears, buy a 100,000 mile zero deductible warranty, and still spend less money than the Rubi.

Last edited by Brodmans4; 12-25-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

heres the rubi to compare it to http://www.billkaychrysler.org/2007-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-4x4-c-2213.htm

the only reason why he dosent want it is because of the doors.

Last edited by doojer; 12-25-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: edited non-sponsor link

Quick Reply: proof for my dad.