Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Problem with 2008 Manual Transmission

Old 09-26-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with 2008 Manual Transmission

I have 34k on my 2008 Jk and took it to the dealership for a noisy manual transmission. It's pretty clear that it's the actual transmission since it makes a metallic sound 3rd through 6th gears but according to the dealership, Chrysler won't touch the transmission until I replace the clutch. It's pretty clear that it's not my clutch but they want $950 before honoring the limited lifetime warranty. Has anyone else had this problem??
Old 09-26-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

That is total bs if you ask me. I would make some serious noise
Old 09-26-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Call chrysler.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

I pitched a fit and finally got everything fixed today. Of course they broke my shifter boot bezel inside when reinstalling the transmission. So far its quiet and little to know bouncing in the stick. Apparently the shift tower insulator was torn too. They also replaced my water pump under warranty even though I never notice it leaking or anything. What pissed me off was a comment "we normally wouldn't do this but since you're a cop..". What does that have to do with anything? Nothing but blowing smoke up my arse.

Quick Reply: Problem with 2008 Manual Transmission