Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Problem with 09 JK

Old 05-29-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with 09 JK

I started my jeep for the first time today and it acted like it was going to quite but never did i had it in park and tried to give it gas but the rpm would go up a little but fell back down loss of power and white smoke coming out of tail pipe. we been getting lots of rain could something be getting wet. I drove to the store and back no problems only when first started.. Any opinions? Only have 20,000 miles on jeep.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Old 05-29-2011, 10:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well you said you drove it to the store and back with no problems. Possibly a blown head gasket. Happen to my buddy, his car would act weird but drove fine then finally the white smoke poured out the tail pipe and it started over heating and game over. Basically what was going on is that the gasket was situated just right where it barely held together but the one day he drove to work the gasket blew. If you check your oil and it looks creamy and you still have white smoke then you possibly have a blown head gasket.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:09 AM
JK Freak

White smoke or blue smoke? Backlighting will help you tell, start it at night and look through the smoke with the light source behind the exhaust.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

just did the oil change super clean oil i use synthetic oil and there is never nothing creamy white. i started it up again this morning sunny and warm and when i try to give it gas in park the rmp wont go pass to but after about a minute of warm up i can give it gas in park and the rpm goes right up or if i start it and just go it is fine. and oh yea no smoke this time. maybe bad gas.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

We will see still under warranty taking to dealer on monday....

Quick Reply: Problem with 09 JK