Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Powerplant Problems?

Old 09-09-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Powerplant Problems?

Forgive me if this is already somewhere else on the site. I've spent over an hour searching and have found one mention of PP issues. My bumper will require a Powerplant to sit on top. Has there been any overheating problems, or anything else with this monster sitting up there on the front?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had any problems yet and I've been on a 6 hour freeway drive in 100 degree heat and also out on the trail. It does tend to run a bit warmer though.
I do hate that Warn, maker of both the winch and the bumper I have, couldn't have come up with a better fit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	062 - Copy.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	3168
Click image for larger version

Name:	063 - Copy.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	3169
Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always buy a bumper that sits the winch lower between the frame rails, so it blocks less of your radiator. Here is a shot of my Powerplant and Shrockworks bumper............................

Old 09-09-2007, 12:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke
You could always buy a bumper that sits the winch lower between the frame rails, so it blocks less of your radiator. Here is a shot of my Powerplant and Shrockworks bumper............................

thats part of the reason i got my shrockworks.

Quick Reply: Powerplant Problems?