Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Powerhouse Engine....

Old 11-13-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by artpics
Solid Axels
I don't think that has to do with how much power it has and when the power comes on. More of how well the power gets to the ground. I certainly don't have any traction problems other than the usual SR-A tire issues.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

I think the JK has enough power for day to day use. When towing a trailer though, I really notice how underpowered it is.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

OK, now that I got my own wheels back let me be clear that I am not complaining, the jeep is what I wanted and bought. If I wanted horsepower or a fast car I would have bought a vet or Viper. I am just saying that comparing The 3.8 v6 Jk Vs. the 3.8 v6 Caravan there is a big difference. I also noticed the skinny peddle is alot harder to push on the JK (for off road). The transition is smooth not jerky, and the power is delayed a bit. = Fly by wire??
Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 AM
JK Jedi

There are so many variables and differences at play it isn't possible to compare the two directly.

Quick Reply: Powerhouse Engine....