Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Power Tank CO2 System

Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw an accident where a kid was killed by a 6x9 speaker hitting him in the head,
Curious what does it cost to have a 10 lb or so CO2 tank filled? An 80 cu ft Scuba tank is less than $10, in Fl. probably varies by location.
It seems that the average 1/2” impact goes through 5 cu ft or so a min, so I’d guess say 10 cult to change a tire.
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Odd, I swear someone posted that a Scuba first stage’s flow rate isn’t high enough to support an impact. Now I haven’t tried to be honest but thought it could, so I had to look up what it’s flow rate was. Remember we are only using the first stage, the second stage is I think much lower because while I have never done it, I have heard of overbreathing a regulator by someone I guess who was frightened?
Apparently it’s between 100-300 CFM, sounds too high to me, but maybe?
Guy who made the last post here seems to indicate that the valve is what’s the limiting factor, and he seems well certificated so who knows, but I think it can easily drive any realistic, well anything we might want.
https://scubaboard.com/community/thr...ore%20diameter.

I have no idea why they are so high, for example my SAC rate (surface air consumption) is .67 cu ft per min.

Last edited by a64pilot; Yesterday at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Tank CO2 System