Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Potential Jeep newbie with a few questions

Old 10-18-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got a major let down call from my salesman. He was told the jeep was Jeep green metallic, dark green. Just went to pick it up and it's actually Rescue green. I'm not very sure I like that color. So, my search my continue. Very very depressed at this time. about to go check it out and see, but doubt i'll be driving a jeep home today..

-chad-
Old 10-18-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear the news! BUt don't settle for something you don't really like. It's like having a girlfriend!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

I would say don't settle for something you don't like either.

A jeep is like ... getting a organ transplant ( I can now say) after having my first jeep (JK) for a year now. It would be like me having heart surgery but having a liver put there instead, it wouldn't work. YOU HAVE TO LOVE YOUR JEEP!

Weird I know .. I am ! BUT don't settle, wait til' the right jeep comes to you. I wanted a Jeep bad, looked at just a couple, and settled on my 4 door rescue green. I am partial to the color. If I get a second some day it will be a green.

GOOD luck on your search and happy birthday!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I originaly wanted Jeep Green, Full doors.
I got a good deal on a Rescue Green 1/2 door. Rescue Green is much better in person, the pics don't do it justice. After I saw it in person, it became my favorite color, and it discontinued.
and as far as the 1/2 doors, no way no how would I ever have full doors. I feel sorry for the guys driving by with the top off and full doors on.
If you do swap, remember that you will have to add switches and wiring for the power windows (if the donor doors are so equiped)
Old 10-18-2008, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

well I stand corrected. Love the rescue green. The half doors rock too! Still might trade for full, but have no dislikes of the half doors at all! Currently working numbers right now. So Ya'll stay tuned. This day may turn out better then I though. The mygig nave and infinity sound system sound really nice. The jeep only has 10,100 miles. Has a stuff on the front left corner of the bumper. Not a single scrap or dent on any of the skIds. This thing has honestly never been of road! I'll change that for sure!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spartan99
I'd trade my full doors for half doors in a heartbeat. You won't have any problems with making the trade. But, you will regret it.
I never saw people do this until the JK. I remember a few months ago people were willing to trade full doors plus cash for half doors. After owning a couple Jeeps with half doors I will never live without roll down windows. Buy some soft halfs if you have to have something there. I would rather go without.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi

I have to agree with BigblueJK, I go through an ID check at the gate of Fort Leonard Wood about 3-4 times a day, so the zipper windows wouldn't fly with me. I like the look of the half doors with the top down and the uppers removed, but I don't like the new uppers, hopefully Bestop will come out with a sliding window upper soon with their element doors. I may go that route for summer.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Jeb
JK Enthusiast

I love the look of the rescue Green jeeps. Graystone was my top choice, and I really like mine, but there is a resuce green a few streets down from me and it's awesome looking. I don't think there has been a "bad" JK color so far, unlike some of the TJs...

Apologies to anyone who likes these colors (to each his own), I just never liked them.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
I have to agree with BigblueJK, I go through an ID check at the gate of Fort Leonard Wood about 3-4 times a day, so the zipper windows wouldn't fly with me. I like the look of the half doors with the top down and the uppers removed, but I don't like the new uppers, hopefully Bestop will come out with a sliding window upper soon with their element doors. I may go that route for summer.
I've had two TJs with zipper windows...man what a PIA @drivethrus , loved the 1/2 doors but I'd go with some tube doors before I bought 1/2'ies anyway, for the summer and all. Like everyone said, don't settle, get what you want.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Happy Birthday, Youll love the jeep

Quick Reply: Potential Jeep newbie with a few questions